Rubella

Rubella - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Nov, 2008 - 6:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2006 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Rubella

Rubella

How come children with Rubella recover more quickly as compared to adults with Rubella?

Sponsored Links:
28th Sep, 2006 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

Rubella

From my understanding, it is a much milder disease in children than in adults.

Also, if a pregnant woman is exposed to rubella, her unborn child may develop severe problems from the virus. These can include, if I recall correctly, mental retardation, heart problems, and even deafness.

Children in the U.S. are vaccinated against rubella at a young age.

28th Sep, 2006 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Rubella Health & Special Psychology

As Farseer well explained, rubella is just a mild disease for children. Those adults who do have it is because they have not been vaccinated against it. It's not a dangerous disease and lots of treatments are available. I never had rubella...I wonder if I would ever have it? undecided.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 28th Sep, 2006 - 1:50pm

20th Nov, 2008 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Rubella

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 28-Sep 06, 9:50 AM)
I never had rubella...I wonder if I would ever have it? undecided.gif

Prophecy fulfilled? Felipe have been sick the past few days and had developed now a rash that looks exactly like Rubella. I have it on my arms only but much milder than him (few spots). It is itching to him and he is trying to get as much rest as he can. It does not itch me but my lower back hurts and I have a burning sensation and overall I feel very weak. Whatever virus is, it's a nasty one.

Rather off topic, but...
If I think in the amount of mosquitoes this country has, I am not surprised in the least to be sick like this.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Rubella
A Friend

Rubella

I hope that you and your family can be cured of this latest sickness. If it is Rubella then at least you know there is a cure for it. I try to stay away from all nasty illnesses. IF they do come knocking I send them packing.

20th Nov, 2008 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Rubella

W are all vaccinated against it but I read you can still get the milder form. Oh well, another of our many adventures.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Rubella
A Friend

Rubella

Oh I did not know you could still get if in a milder form after being vaccinated against it. That is news to me too. Thanks for pointing that out. smile.gif

Rather off topic, but...
I do hope you and your family stay well. You all are in my prayers.

20th Nov, 2008 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Rubella Psychology Special & Health

My wife has had rubella as her generation was not vaccinated for it just us old codgers. It is a viel evil critter and the pain is normal for adults.

My dad got it and he locked himself in his room with wood over the windows he could not stand a drop of light and could only hold water down. He ached head to toe and lost half his hair due to high fevers. It was a real nastey trip.

Hang in there LDS you will make it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Rubella

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,