Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites" - Page 5 of 8

IndianChick, she is talking about "whites", - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 18th Jul, 2008 - 5:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2008 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites"
A Friend

Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites" - Page 5

From some Trini men?  Now you got me curious, how is Trinidad more racial than the USA, gimme some examples nah

Actually it was from girls not men. Aside from being yelled at with "hey whitey!" (which from the posts I guess is a compliment rather than just an annoying interruption) I do have two examples from my 2 trips. We were shopping and my wife was looking at some cloth. This Indian woman came walking over and stood right in front of her. I'm not talking about way in front, there was basically no space for her to be there and she just butted in. My wife said "Excuse" and this surly woman just started in on a tirade about someone not knowing what they want to buy they should just put it down.

On a side note my wife's sister in law had some nasty things to say behind the scenes about my two children, my daughter happens to be pale, and my boy is a little darker. She obviously has some personal hang-ups about herself that would cause her to talk about little children the way she did. First she said something about us "showing off" our white child etc. and then when the little guy came along she spitefully said "oh now you have a black one".

Certainly most people were courteous but unfortunately it's the frustrating exceptions that stay fresh in the mind.

Reconcile Edited: WisconsinGuy on 25th Mar, 2008 - 1:38am

Sponsored Links:
25th Mar, 2008 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

quotWhitesquot Local Syrians Trinidad

WisconsinGuy, unfortunately it is a mentality and cultural issue. Trinis are literally obsessed with skin color (particularly Indians). I have two kids, the younger one is pale and the oldest one is darker. When the youngest one was born, the FIRST thing people would say was NOT "Oh, look how cute the baby is!" but instead they said "Oh, you have a WHITE child there!" and everything related to his complexion.

Trinis see people with fair skin automatically as someone who think they are better than them. Many times I heard the statement "Oh, she thinks because she is white she is better than we". Inferiority complex.

Go figure.

25th Mar, 2008 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites" Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

When I brought my daughter to Trinidad for holiday, everyone was so mesmerized by her blue-green eyes that I had to hide her from sight because people were so intrusive! Sadly and interestingly, Trinis need to be more wholesome in action as opposed to attributing a character to a thing based on colonial and immature expressions of 'good', or 'better'.
If some can wean ourselves of this pattern, T&T will be a beter place, I.e. better than it is now!

On fellow I tried to correct in his though process about this 'whitey' 'darkey' mindset, he got mad and tried to make a 'ting so I had tell him if he wanted a 'busshead' (excuse the language) keep his distance (to let him know I was serious). You have to bold in front of them fellows if you are serious!
p.s. my father was, as they say, an old police!
After that, I kept my mouth shut so those fellows can talk their talk!

Reconcile Edited: yeniseri on 25th Mar, 2008 - 4:37pm

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2008 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 quotWhitesquot Local Syrians Trinidad

So if I'm a guy who is mixed with Half indian 1/8 black and the rest is middle eastern(not Arab like Syrian/Lebanese its Jewish like Israeli) Could I date and marry a white or Arab(Syrian/Lebanese) girl.

20th Jun, 2008 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

quotWhitesquot Local Syrians Trinidad

Orphanedson, I don't understand your question. You can marry anyone you want. Race/ethnicity should not be an issue.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2008 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Name: Angela

Comments: Why should someone be afraid to walk in a free secular democratic society, because their "shade" is in the minority. That is utter nonsense.

It's like saying a person of African descent should not visit Germany because they may get assaulted. Uh the last world cup clearly demonstrates otherwise and I know they are probably some racist still left in Germany

Franky I think half these local whites want an excuse to look down on an ethnic group because probably in their "own" communities they may have been scorned for various reasons. So sad!

To person who made the comment that the police treated her friend differently. Umm its kind of their jobs to keep alleged criminals in jail. Half the time you hear about suspects being beaten in jail. It doesn't make it right, but your friend clearly could not expect to be treated like a guest once no rights or laws were infringed upon he kinda has to take what he is served. Sorry..criminals are not guest at the police station

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2008 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Syrians Local "Whites" - Page 5

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 9-Jul 08, 11:20 PM)
Name: Angela

Comments: Why should someone be afraid to walk in a free secular democratic society, because their "shade" is in the minority.

Well if you were brought up to believe that you're not good enough from a young age then when you get older you believe it even if its not true.

18th Jul, 2008 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Syrians Local "Whites" Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

IndianChick, she is talking about "whites", she doesn't seem to understand why they are afraid to travel at night because of their skin color as mentioned by a local "white" in this thread.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites"

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,