Avoiding Possible Dates Due To Disability

Avoiding Dates Due Disability - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 4th Oct, 2006 - 3:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2006 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do you know of anyone who might be avoiding the dating scene due to their disabilty? Or maybe they are avoiding possible dates, because the other person has a disability they cannot handle. I know for a long time I was convinced that the bad luck I was having with men was because of my disability. Am I so terrible for thinking poorly because of my epilepsy and my weakness? Is there something wrong with me or am I just overly paranoid?

Sponsored Links:
4th Oct, 2006 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Disability Due Dates Avoiding

That's a very good question, and one that brings to mind a friend who is deaf and has not dated in many, many years. She is an attractive woman, with a large family - her kids are all grown and married, so there aren't any little ones at home. Very sweet-natured woman, and active in her community and church. I wonder if she is using the disability, or if others perceive it as too great a hurdle? I know her kids (and I) encourage her to get out more and "mingle" but she's a bit reluctant.

On the other hand, I've been out there in the dating scene, and there are a lot of callow, shallow folks, male and female, who don't seem to have a lot of compassion for those with disabilities.

So maybe the answer is both: Some may use their disability as a "shield" to fend off attraction, and some may use blinders to not see those with disabilities as potential mates.

4th Oct, 2006 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Avoiding Possible Dates Due To Disability Revealed Bible The

Am I so terrible for thinking poorly because of my epilepsy and my weakness? Is there something wrong with me or am I just overly paranoid?

Based on little info I read from your posts, I think you are over-conscious about it. You are "Silverjade, who happen to have a disability" No "Silverjade *the* disable". Do you understand what I am trying to say? Look beyond your disability. I am sure you would agree that are thousands of people out there in worst conditions who are *very* social, have many friends and date like any other person. You are NOT the disability, you are "YOU". So come on! I want to eat wedding cake soon! wink.gif

> TOPIC: Avoiding Possible Dates Due To Disability

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,