The Lazy Race - Page 2 of 3

Speaking of lazy white people, I find the - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Oct, 2006 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2006 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

The Lazy Race
A Friend

The Lazy Race - Page 2

Could it be then, related to the reasons konquererz pointed out, rather than a racial denominator? (Poverty - Lack of Education - Lack of Opportunity)

By the way - there are lazy Chinese and Indian people, too wink.gif just in case you thought I hadn't noticed that from the original post.

Sponsored Links:
10th Oct, 2006 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Race Lazy The

Could it be then, related to the reasons konquererz pointed out, rather than a racial denominator? (Poverty - Lack of Education - Lack of Opportunity)

I believe that there is a huge difference between being poor and being lazy. I have met many people who were very poor yet very hard working, but by the other hand my personal experience indicates that within those two races are a lot of laziness going on. I know my point of view is controversial, I am controversial myself wink.gif I am not expecting anybody to agree, just to point out what I have personally seen.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 10th Oct, 2006 - 10:05pm

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2006 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

The Lazy Race
A Friend

The Lazy Race Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Adverse conditions have different effects on different people. Faced with the same conditions, while one person will struggle for survival, another will get depressed and quite literally, lay down and die.

I am not saying that every poor person who lacks opportunity and education has the right to be lazy - I am saying though, that the 'lay down and die' attitude is simply one reaction to the adverse conditions they live with, daily... regardless once again, of colour, creed, religion or race.

11th Oct, 2006 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Race Lazy The

Well, it seems like we are not going to agree on this one Trinichic wink.gif. I do not know in how many countries have you lived. I lived in Argentina, United States and Trinidad. My personal experience tells me otherwise and has nothing to do with adverse conditions.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2006 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

The Lazy Race
A Friend

Race Lazy The

I have lived in Trinidad and in the US.

During my time in the US, I saw alot of horribly obese and lazy white people - obese to the point where their doctors have told them they are doing major damage to their internal organs and will not survive 10 more years... still they continue their self-destructive behaviours. Is that not laziness?

In every country, in every culture, sections of the community are inevitably pointed out as the lazy ones, the stupid ones, the good-for-nothings. That kind of stereotyping only promotes hatred of other classes, even when there is only one race involved. Look at India with their long history of class discrimination, where the "untouchables" were considered not worthy of notice, by virtue of being born into that class.

In North America, Blacks and Hispanics are the (only slightly) PC version of India's untouchables, that's all.

11th Oct, 2006 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

The Lazy Race

I do not think you fully understand my point. Let me give it another try,

During my time in the US, I saw alot of horribly obese and lazy white people - obese to the point where their doctors have told them they are doing major damage to their internal organs and will not survive 10 more years... still they continue their self-destructive behaviours. Is that not laziness?

Yes! It is. I never said there is not laziness within the "white" race. What I said (again) was that based on my own experience (and nobody can challenge that really because is my own) within the Blacks and Hispanics seem to be more noticeable. Understand? In ALL races there are people who are lazy, but within these two groups based on my experience, is more noticeable.

In every country, in every culture, sections of the community are inevitably pointed out as the lazy ones, the stupid ones, the good-for-nothings. That kind of stereotyping only promotes hatred of other classes, even when there is only one race involved

Trinichic, I am not talking about stereotypes here. We need to be open minded and realistic. Since you have not spent enough time within the Hispanic population like I did (I was born and grow up in a South American nation) then you cannot really say is stereotyping. You can talk about the Blacks since we both live in Trinidad but within the Hispanic Population, I know what I am talking about whether Hispanics want to accept it or not.

Again, I am not saying that within these two races are more lazy people. Do you understand? The reason for asking is that you keep giving examples of white people being lazy, I am not arguing that at all. But I will rest my case now, I am repeating myself too much.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2006 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

The Lazy Race
A Friend

The Lazy Race - Page 2

LDS, I think you're not understanding my point.

It's not that I don't see lazy black, hispanic (I am friendly with quite a few Venezuelans though I can't say I've lived there, only spent time on vacation) people. They are there.

What I am saying, is because your experience has been primarily and extensively among Hispanics, you might have seen more of it there. I am certain from my own experience, that there are lazy people in every and any culture on earth - because, contrary to popular belief, we're all human!

Maybe it's because I've seen far too much stereotyping in my time, but whether you argue it as your experience or not, I will defend my right to say that negatives of the human condition are absolutely not relegated to one subset.

During the time you spent in the US, did you spend much of it among the wealthy white or Jewish Americans? I did. I noticed that they don't cook. They don't clean. They don't mow their lawns. They don't take out their own trash. They don't even look after their own children - they hire blacks and hispanics to do all that for them. Is that because blacks and hispanics are so very lazy?

A (black) friend of mine in the US recently qualified as a registered nurse, in New York. In her graduating class of 180 students, there were all of two white woman - and they insisted they would never clean a bed-pan, they were moving on to administration. The nurses doing all the hard work? Blacks, Hispanics, Filipinos, you name it... definitely not white.

Therefore, in my humble opinion, it is extremely ridiculous to say that Blacks and Hispanics are "the lazy race".

17th Oct, 2006 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

The Lazy Race Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Speaking of lazy white people, I find the English to be quite lazy in the workplace! It's amazing anything gets done over here.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Lazy Race

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,