Are Trinis Considered A Primitive People? - Page 2 of 8

Well I can see why the word "Primitive" - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Nov, 2006 - 11:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
Looking for first world status with an attitude that does not match? What is your view about the way Trinis conduct themselves in public?
13th Oct, 2006 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Are Trinis Considered A Primitive People? - Page 2

As evidenced by your own posts in the "Lazy Race" board, I could suppose that you are suffering from a form of that, yourself - a very common "inferiority complex" which places white people as being supreme and far more "worthy" than all others.

spock.gif Your evidence is simply non-sense. In that same thread, I stated that there are lazy people within ALL races, including the whites and you know that because you have read my messages. I believe you are an educated woman who does read properly so I do not know what's your agenda here really . Now, if you are misinterpreting me on purpose or want to assume that, you are free to do so, I cannot stop you but what you are "supposing" is ridiculous. It seems like you are in denial of this issue in your country, because everytime the issue is discussed your flag of "happens everywhere" is raised. Listen, nobody is attacking Trinidad so let's stop the pretended patriotism that prevent us from discussing an issue as it is.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2006 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Are Trinis Considered A Primitive People?
A Friend

People Primitive Considered Trinis Are

My "flag of happens everywhere" gets raised, because I'm tired of people acting as though Trinidad is different or worse - inferior to other countries for reasons that are perfectly ridiculous!

Gossip could have stated that "people" are stuck in a primitive post-slavery mode. "She" did not. The statement was that the people of Trinidad & Tobago are primitive (forgive me if I'm wrong, but that seems like an attack to me, on my country and people). I will object to that as strenuously as I object to the "Lazy" statement regarding Blacks and Hispanics, because in my experience and in my opinon, they are ridiculous statements based on a very myopic world-view.

If we cannot agree on that, then so be it.

Reconcile Edited: trinichic on 13th Oct, 2006 - 10:08pm

16th Oct, 2006 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Are Trinis Considered A Primitive People? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

international QUOTE (Trinichic)
That could also be said about the US

Maybe it is your style of writing, but I notice that you always like to generalize an issue. If it can be said about the US fine, but we are talking about Trinidad & Tobago here so let us remain with that and on topic. A culture some other place is not necessarily a culture in the next unless the people choose for it to be that way.

Personally, as a Trinidadian, I feel that the people do have a primitive mindset, one that is not only as a result of not shaking off the evils of colonialzation. The other is the cultural aspects of those groups who landed here, and lastly there is the laid back mindset of 'it is not important', and because 'it is not important', people generally live unaware of how they look to someone from a higher civilization.

international QUOTE
... You are suffering from a form of that, yourself - a very common "Inferiority complex" which places white people as being supreme and far more "Worthy" than all others.

Wow, what a low blow, I wasn't aware that psychology was one of your qualifications. We need not reach into becoming personal in order to Discuss a Topic. In fact, culture is the reason for a majority of thinking, not necessarily an inferiority complex. In other words if you are taught since birth that an orange is really blue, then you will believe it is so until you better recognize it for yourself. However, if after recognizing the difference you still choose to see the orange as blue then we can say that psychological aspects are coming into play.

international QUOTE
My "Flag of happens everywhere" gets raised, because I'm tired of people acting as though Trinidad is different or worse - inferior to other countries for reasons that are perfectly ridiculous!

So you do admit that you use that 'everywhere' card. That is in fact a phase of denial, but you must consider that there just might be truth in it otherwise we fall into the system of 'it is not important'. I believe the current drive in education proves that even the government is aware of our primitive state and wants to educate the people that oranges are not blue. The problem is that once they learn that oranges are not blue they move to another country because they become aware, they realize that this country is way behind times!

international QUOTE
Gossip could have stated that "People" are stuck in a primitive post-slavery mode.

Gossip is a Bot and she starts all her Posts with "I've heard". Since you have answered many of her Posts you should pick up that nothing she says is based on fact but what she has heard. We are after all talking about a Bot named 'Gossip'.

17th Oct, 2006 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 People Primitive Considered Trinis Are

I have never met a Trinidadian who accepts that people here behaves in a "primitive" way, I do not know if it is because of their lay back attitude, they are in denial or simply they do not care about the issue...or probably because they have been raised with that mindset and they cannot see themselves behaving in a "primitive" way because it's normal to them. Now that Carnival time is approaching you see this even more often by the way people behave on the streets. It's a shame.

Also, I would like to ask: do people have to stare at you in the way they do here? Whether you are walking down the road or in a maxi or car, people just stares at you like if you have something on your face. In the countries I have lived, if you want to look at someone without being noticed, you usually look and change your look quickly before the person notices it. Here, they stare non-stop without no problem!

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 17th Oct, 2006 - 8:02pm

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2006 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

People Primitive Considered Trinis Are

Just a guess here... by "people" staring at you... do you mean MEN staring at you? I think that goes right along with the thread about sexual harassment. You can bet that a woman who is less physically attractive than you is not going to agree with your statement because they wouldn't have experienced the same kind of, or amount of stares that you do. And I'm sure the men in this forum have very little experience at all with "people" staring at them. wink.gif

23rd Oct, 2006 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Shane)
Just a guess here... by "people" staring at you... do you mean MEN staring at you?

Not necessarily, I have been to many places and people in general stare at you. If you look different then you will definitely get some stares from both sexes! I have seen men stare at women of all sizes, shapes and yes, AGES. They do not care. What is more is they have no diplomacy in doing it as they watch you full in the face and do not try to cover it by simply glancing, etc. Now, in keeping with the Topic at hand, they really do not know how primitive they look when they stare.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Oct, 2006 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Are Trinis Considered Primitive People - Page 2

Just a guess here... by "people" staring at you... do you mean MEN staring at you?

And I'm sure the men in this forum have very little experience at all with "people" staring at them

Yes, men get stared too. You see, the stare I am talking about is the one that people don't blink and kind of open their mouth in a totally and primitive way. Most Trinis are so used to it that they do not even notice it anymore.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2006 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Trinis Considered Primitive People Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Well I can see why the word "Primitive" can be seen as harsh. I belive there is some major insecurites which Trinidadians share. I can certainly relate to whats being discussed and have experienced it many times.

I feel that many Trini's who displays such behavior has developed some type of inferior complex. They tend to lash out at someone very quickly for displaying what would be deemed "Un-Trini Like Behavior".

Trini's are very quick to condem and ridicule somone who seems to have conformed to some modern or different lifestyle. Even someone who speaks proper english or who has lived in another country and has displayed some cultural maturity is looked down apon.

The racial tention which exist today is because of this same type of behavior.

Trinidadians in General need to leave behind thier insecurites in order to progress as people into a more mature society.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Are Trinis Considered A Primitive People?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,