Methamphetamine - Page 2 of 2

Around here they have been cutting it with - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 11:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Methamphetamine
A Friend

Methamphetamine - Page 2

Meth is bad and if this works it would be a huge breakthrough to get people off of it. Of course, around here the epidemic is heroine and its laces with something that makes it a killer. We've had a bunch of kids from the local high school, one of the best in the state, die recently due to ODing on this heroin.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

Methamphetamine
A Friend

Methamphetamine

Heroin is extremely easy to overdose on, and it doesn't have to be laced for that to happen. It works by overworking the dopamine receptors in your brain and forcing them to release more dopamine. In the process it fries the receptors, requiring a person to use more heroin for the same high. Eventually a person will end up using more heroin just to keep from feeling withdrawal symptoms, and less for the high (Since each use damages the receptors even more).

Meth, on the other hand, is more of a stimulant while it is active. It will keep the person up for days and they will often begin to work on "Projects" that are ridiculous, don't make sense, or they simply don't finish them. Over time a meth user will also continue to use to keep the symptoms of withdrawal at bay, which can be fierce and terrible.

Under no circumstances should it ever be considered an anti-depressant, as it is far more likely to be destructive to a person's life than it could ever help.

Also, as someone who went through drug withdrawal after going off of a mood stabilizer, withdrawal is a horrible thing that causes panic attacks, uncontrollable shaking, and mood swings. I didn't have a choice because my medication was making me even sicker, but in the case of people using illegal drugs, I can see why they would continue to use simply to avoid withdrawal. It's not easy and it can last days or weeks.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Methamphetamine
A Friend

Methamphetamine Health & Special Psychology

Yes, heroin is bad and much of the stuff around here in Northern VA is laced, so it's doubly deadly. We've recently had a spate of deaths, mostly kids in the late teens to early twenties. Drugs are a scourge and those who distribute are evil, at least at the upper echelons. The small dealers are usually hooked themselves and just doing it for a fix.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Methamphetamine
A Friend

Page 2 Methamphetamine

My dad was a drug user/dealer (Gave me a lot of strange but probably useful information over my lifetime), and usually drugs aren't going to be laced with anything, because honestly it's expensive and dealers want you to be hooked and want more, not to kill you. Like I said before, deaths usually happen from overdose, not from being laced. However, if they want to cut costs they will cut it with other dangerous chemicals, which I guess can make it seem like it has been laced with something, but it's really because they are cheap and don't want to sell the pure stuff. Not sure about heroin but it's especially true for meth.

Many of the nasty symptoms from using cocaine actually come from unpure, crack cocaine and not pure cocaine. Not sure who would want to do it anyway, though.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Methamphetamine
A Friend

Methamphetamine

Around here they have been cutting it with fentinol. I'm not sure if spelled that right. Anyway, I call it laced because it's so deadly.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Methamphetamine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,