Chess Equals No Personality

Chess Equals Personality - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Apr, 2009 - 10:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2006 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

I've heard that people who usually play Chess very regularly have little to no personality.

Sponsored Links:
10th Oct, 2006 - 7:46am / Post ID: #

Personality Equals Chess

I like Chess but am not very good at it and don't play regularly. I have a great personality so maybe you're right, Gossip. I understand Chess is quite an intellectual game, so I hope that when all the brainy types read your post, Gossip, your wit can keep up with your tongue.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2006 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chess Equals No Personality Reviews RPG & Card Board

biggrin.gif Maybe they lack in personality, while playing a game of chess?

Just trying to stick up for my chess-loving friends, here!

10th Oct, 2006 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Personality Equals Chess

I am definitely not into chess. smile.gif I suppose it is the ADHD inside of me! *laughs* I find it hard to have to wait for the opponent to move, not to mention it is really hard to remember all the moves of each piece.

10th Oct, 2006 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Personality Equals Chess

I find it hard to have to wait for the opponent to move

I suppose some chess players use this time to think of their next move. Personally, I use it to do the dishes.
it is really hard to remember all the moves of each piece.

I think this comes easily to me because I learned chess at such a young age. In fact, I don't remember when I learned chess, at least the basics, so I must have been pretty young.

10th Oct, 2006 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

As a person that has played in a number places with various people from all walks of life I can tell you:

1. A good player tends to be weird. Yes, not your best terminology, but they are usually a very quiet, very nerdy or a very strange person. I suppose very quiet is not unusual, but sometimes you talk to them and it is like they are in another galaxy (and we are not talking about during game play).

2. An average player tends to be an all round kind of person

3. A person that never quite gets the game seems to be for fun, social bug, happy go lucky kind of person.

Yes, yes, these all seem stereotypical, but I am talking from experience. What has been my experience? I played for schools in my country and USA, played online and in person.

Offtopic but,
For those of you who are unaware, there is a Computer Chess game within the Forum, it is a good test to see how good you are... the thread for that is here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2009 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chess Equals Personality

The stereotype is clear, chess nerds unite!

But seriously, many of the players I have met totally break the nerdy mold;
Soccer fans, Martial Artists, Young Politicians and Mental Health Nurses!
All have been formidable players.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2009 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chess Equals Personality Board Card & RPG Reviews

I am just your average player of chess so I guess I do still have a personality or I am just delusional and think I have a personality. biggrin.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Chess Equals No Personality

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,