The Smoking Gene

The Smoking Gene - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 14th Sep, 2007 - 12:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2006 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Smoking Gene

SCIENTISTS FIND GENE LINKED TO HEAVY SMOKING

A team of Japanese scientists have found a gene closely linked to nicotine addiction, which could lead to more effective ways for smokers to kick the habit, a Japanese daily said on Wednesday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/12/06/smoki...reut/index.html

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2007 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

Gene Smoking The

That's good that they may be on to finding help for these people. Apart from the fact that some people may have it in heir genes, I think it's important that people take into account the effect that being exposed to living in a smoking household has on the young and impressionable (this is a separate issue from the health issues), but you do tend to find that most teenagers brought up in a smoking household do often follow the trend. Maybe this is because it's accepted in their household, and doesn't hold the same taboo that it might from another household- I don't know the answer, but I think that researchers should definitely pay attention to the growing increase of young smokers.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

The Smoking Gene
A Friend

The Smoking Gene Health & Special Psychology

This sure evidences that we should NOT carelessly ignore what parents are like when considering the children. So often people suggest that it's irrational to base advise/decisions regarding children (include adult children in this) by looking to their ancestry.

Often times it IS relevant.

> TOPIC: The Smoking Gene

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,