Patrick Manning - Page 5 of 16

Watch out because he said he will not hesitate - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th Nov, 2008 - 2:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »
Trinidad Politics Manning A Preacher? This is a general Thread about Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his governance over Trinidad & Tobago.
15th Nov, 2008 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning - Page 5

Oh I guess I did not, I must be suffering from Third World Country syndrome where we are too dumb to know the difference between a news report and a talk show.

If a news reporter is reading the news and inputs his opinion on an article, he is putting an unfair bias to the public. You screamed of being professional and having a lack of self control? I think you have it backwards. Journalists should do the same and face the consequences of their actions. Did Mr Manning say that he wanted X or Y dismissed? No he did not, he wanted Mr X to know that he disapproved of what he was saying as it was baseless and counter productive. If Mr Manning has taken the approach you suggested and took Mr Journalist and all superiors above him to court for defamation, and caused the entire radio station to shut down. That would have made a nice statement about Manning's view about freedom of the media, don't you think? You know what people would have said? Why didn't he just go and ask the man to stop making those slanderous statements. Mr Manning also didn't wanted to be updated on the development of the investigation.

As I said Manning had his opinion, it was called intimidation, journalist say their opinion, it is called freedom of speech and the media.

As I always say, darned if you do and darned if you don't.

P.S. the monkey heard, the monkey talked and all monkeys saw what happened. This is Trinidad, we have different monkeys here

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2008 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Manning Patrick

lordryoko is a PNM or Manning supporter or what? I think Manning was wait out of his place to do this but wait, let's look at this from another angle. Suppose it was Bush or soon to be Obama pulling in a radio station to do that, how would the US media have handled that? I think Bush would have been made a real joke out of himself if he did that. Is only in Trinidad where you get the PM going to a radio station to say something.

15th Nov, 2008 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

QUOTE (lordryoko @ 14-Nov 08, 9:12 PM)
Oh I guess I did not, I must be suffering from Third World Country syndrome where we are too dumb to know the difference between a news report and a talk show.

If you say so...

If a news reporter is reading the news and inputs his opinion on an article, he is putting an unfair bias to the public.

I guess you believe your folks must be suffering from the same syndrome you said you have (Third World Country Syndrome).

You screamed of being professional and having a lack of self control?

No, I said what he did was unprofessional and demonstrated a lack of self control.

If Mr Manning has taken the approach you suggested and took Mr Journalist and all superiors above him to court for defamation, and caused the entire radio station to shut down. That would have made a nice statement about Manning's view about freedom of the media, don't you think? You know what people would have said? Why didn't he just go and ask the man to stop making those slanderous statements. Mr Manning also didn't wanted to be updated on the development of the investigation.

Taking them to court was only ONE of the many options he had, I mentioned others in my last post but it seems you forgot to mention those.

This is Trinidad, we have different monkeys here

Yes, different monkeys but the same tail.

15th Nov, 2008 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Manning Patrick

laugh.gif I just like it when you quote part of what I say and use to justify what you are saying. Oh IndianChick yeah I am, isn't it obvious? Yeah he could have used the other methods you mentioned LDS how dare Manning take the human approach.

Oh and thank you for correcting me, I didn't know that your opinion could be said in a newscast. How silly of me, I always thought that the news was a place for facts not opinion. I guess we here in Trinidad have a lot of catching up to do, if we are to do like those big shot developed countries.

I wonder how effective sarcasm comes across when you read it instead of hearing it?

Oh dang it must be suffering from TWCS

15th Nov, 2008 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Manning Patrick

Anyone have the actual words of what was said about Patrick Manning, like a transcript?

15th Nov, 2008 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning

When you hold one of the highest offices in the land there is no such thing as "the human approach" to dealing with a situation specially with the media.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Nov, 2008 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning - Page 5

QUOTE (Liming)
...actual words of what was said about Patrick Manning, like a transcript?

Lordryoko, seems to have beta testing contacts, maybe also has contacts with the radio station or someone to get you some quotes.

Rather off topic, but...
By the way, Lordryoko, any particular reason you are represented by a female avatar?

15th Nov, 2008 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Watch out because he said he will not hesitate to visit media houses to complain if he disapproves of the content they produce but of course if "The Spirit moves him" sneaky.gif

Ok, I found the transcript for Liming and others interested:

Newscaster: The Prime Minister added that the engines of vehicles today are so computerised that they will automatically adjust to the engine timing so that you would not be able to feel the difference. He added that when the price of premium gasoline went up it was for those who could afford it. He said the price of gasoline in Trinidad is the lowest in the world.

Presenter comments: So wait nah, the price of gasoline went up for only those who could only afford it, right?

Newscaster comments: That is the boss.

Presenter comments: But what going on in this place boy.

(Both laugh: ., ., ..)

Newscaster continues with the newscast: The Prime Minister assured that incentives would be given to motorists to make the change to CNG.

Newscaster comments: Yes, so he paying for you to go and change your whole kit.

Presenter comments: You know who much it cost to, to?

Newscaster comments: Yes about $5,000.

Presenter comments: About $5,000, is about $10,000.

Newscaster comments: Yes between $5 and $10, one mechanic said.

Presenter comments: Jesus Christ. Why would you raise gas for the minority which is the people who can't afford it. That is the minority eh.

Newscaster comments: It doesn't make much sense to, but we need to sustain the increase spending of the Government at this time. So think about it.

Presenter comments: Think about what? There is nothing to think about and Diesel may soon go up.

Newscaster comments: Yep and he is also going to be encouraging people, persons are now going to be encouraged to change their, to convert their cars from Diesel to CNG.

Presenter: Which if a man hit you from behind it could be very dangerous because the tank is in the trunk.

Newscaster: That's our Prime Minister.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Patrick Manning

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,