Patrick Manning - Page 2 of 16

QUOTE However, there is something about $100,000 - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Sep, 2007 - 1:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (16) »
Trinidad Politics Manning A Preacher? This is a general Thread about Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his governance over Trinidad & Tobago.
14th Aug, 2007 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning - Page 2

JB:

Maybe if Manning had his way he would bring a bill before parliament to limit the number of children - similar to that of China.

I am absolutely positive if he could do it, he would! No doubt on my mind about it.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Aug, 2007 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Manning Patrick

Do you want to dine with Prime Minister Patrick Manning and complain to him about food prices for example? Well, you need to get a special invitation first and then you have to be willing to pay $100,000 a plate. This is a fund-raising event for his campaign. Imagine if just 200 people show up, imagine how much money they will be making. This is what the Prime Minister is studying instead of the needs of the citizens! Why $100,000? Because
"We feel confident that a contribution of $100,000 per invitation will assist in funding our campaign which will enable us to continue on a progressive development path towards the achievement of 'First World' status."

Specially invited guests will sit down to a campaign fund-raising dinner with Prime Minister Patrick Manning next week-at a cost of $100,000 each.

The event entitled "Conversations with the Prime Minister" is an initiative of the public relations committee of the ruling People's National Movement (PNM).

The black tie gala dinner is scheduled to take place next Tuesday at 8 p.m. at Pier 1, Chaguaramas, which is owned by the family of Tourism Minister Howard Chin Lee. If the event recruits 200 paying customers it will net $20 million for party coffers.

Sources told the Express that the event was being handled with extreme caution and secrecy and invitations were sent to select persons.

A letter from committee chairman and Ambassador Plenipotentiary Jerry Narace says to contact Michelle Khan, Trinidad and Tobago Miss World representative in 1996 who runs a public relations and events management company, "to obtain your invitation".

Khan confirmed the dinner but was unable to divulge further details. Also Narace, when contacted, was unable to provide information as he was engaged in a meeting.

The notification of the event states that since the PNM was re-elected in 2002, the party has acted swiftly in an effort to develop all citizens as the Vision 2020 was pursued...

27th Aug, 2007 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

When I read this headline on the daily express, "$100,000 a plate, Dinner with Manning," I had to check the date to see if it was April fools day! Out of all the thoughtless decisions that Manning has made during his time as Prime Minister, I think this one is his worst! I cannot believe that he was seriously considering to have this dinner to raise funds for his campaign! I think he either needs a new psychic to advise him or he should do the honourable think and infuse fresh new blood into his office (step aside and allow a new party to win this elections). I believe that this man has lost his senses completely! Oh my goodness! The media and all the other political parties are going to throw this one in his face forever! If he was hoping to win elections this year, then he literally flushed this opportunity straight down the toilet. All Trinis are going to lose faith and confidence in him as a leader. And he calls himself, "The Father of the Nation!?" More like "The King of Vindictiveness," since he seems very determine to remove all those who do not agree with him!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 27th Aug, 2007 - 8:14pm

27th Aug, 2007 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Manning Patrick

Well, he did not have another choice but to cancel the dinner after so much negative exposure. It is reported he wasn't happy at all BUT that the dinner WILL take place at another time and avenue but a cloak of secrecy will surround it so nobody will know about it.

27th Aug, 2007 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Manning Patrick

I know you all are hitting Manning hard, but having a fund raising dinner is actually a normal political move before and during a campaign. Money has to come from somewhere and this is the 'opportunity' for PNM lovers to give back whatever the party is giving to them.

I think seeing the ticket amount is a good indication of how many are willing to ensure the PNM stay in power and also lets us know there are many who are not so bad off or in other words inflation does not affect them, because they live off of it.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning
A Friend

Patrick Manning

I was wondering who would acknowledge that the practice of having this type of dinner is not uncommon. Other party leaders may campain for their party money in Canada or the US, where people pay lots of money to sit with them.
What is the maximum amount that someone can spend?
Having siad that, there should be a limit to prevent people who contribute from benefiting from political patronage or from having more power with decision making.
People are free to choose how they want to spend their money. I was not invited to the dinner for more than one reason. I do not have that money and my priorities are different. The question of how people spend their own money is always their own choice.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Aug, 2007 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning - Page 2

Ok folks. I wish to acknowledge that political parties do have dinners to raise funds. However, there is something about $100,000 per plate that screams "corruption," to me. Think about it. If he invites ten people to this auspicious dinner, then Manning takes home a cool million. I have to wonder, do the other political parties need one million to win this election? I cannot help but also wonder, what do these guests receive in return for their contribution? Lobster, caviar or perhaps "a favour" in return for their generosity? Please remember that Manning is someone who looks out only for himself and not for the people of this country.

Let us not forget that not too long ago, our Honourable Prime Minister wanted to give the Jamaat Al Muslimeen (the same individuals who were responsible for devastating this country with an attempted coup) a parcel of land and cash. Do you remember how outraged the public became when Manning announced this? The following day, he rescinded his offer and looked very sheepish, while tendering an apology. Seems like his psychic gave him terrible advice. Or maybe, he went home and thought about how many votes he would lose over his insane announcement. And pray tell, what is Manning's solution to combat crime? To buy blimps: the proverbial "eye in the sky!"

There was a time when I was a devoted follower of the People's National Movement (PNM). But lately, I am forced to reconsider my standpoint because of Manning's foolish behaviour and decisions. I do not trust Manning and I have to wonder, if these funds raised by this dinner, would be used exclusively for his political campaign? Or maybe he needs to pay his psychic? I believe that the late (and former PNM member) Muriel Donawa eloquently describes how much the political party PNM has changed under Manning's leadership; according to Muriel Donawa, PNM stands for Patrick's National Movement.

17th Sep, 2007 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

However, there is something about $100,000 per plate that screams "corruption," to me.

I wouldn't doubt political groups have corruption in them, but lets be correct now, $100,000 in the big leagues where people get million dollar contracts multiple times year round is nothing. The government does not do everything itself they employ private enterprises and so you know, tit for tat as they say.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Patrick Manning

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,