Mother's Blessings & Sisters As Priesthood Holders - Page 5 of 8

The Lord doesn't give answers if we - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Apr, 2013 - 1:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Top  Mother' s Blessings & Sisters As Priesthood Holders
6th Apr, 2013 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Mother's Blessings & Sisters As Priesthood Holders - Page 5

I watched the video and read the transcript and it left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, it almost seemed like they tried "Too hard" to sell us the idea that what women think in these councils is taking into consideration and is important, yet doesn't address the fact that ultimately the decision is making falls in the hand of men.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2013 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Holders Priesthood Sisters and Blessings Mothers

Mormon women seek blessings, not authority, LDS women leaders say

LDS women leaders share insights on church leadership and priesthood in a new online video. Ref. Source 7

Video On Church Website: Source 9

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2013 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Mother's Blessings & Sisters As Priesthood Holders Studies Doctrine Mormon

"I don't think women are after the authority. I think they are after the blessings. And they are happy that they can access the blessings and the power of the priesthood. There are a few that would like both. But most women, I think, are happy to have all the blessings. That's what matters most to them."
-- Sister Burton

7th Apr, 2013 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Holders Priesthood Sisters and Blessings Mothers

I agree with Sister Burton to a certain extent. However, it is clear that there is a group of LDS women (like myself) who would like to be ordained to the Priesthood and let me tell you the group is much larger than is being painted to be. It is not my wish to cause friction within the Church, I just think there is need for equality.

7th Apr, 2013 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Holders Priesthood Sisters and Blessings Mothers

The feminist wing of the Church can disagree all they want but the truth is that Heavenly Father's plan is for MEN to have the Priesthood, NOT women. If some women in the Church (and please LDSPriestess don't think I'm attacking you) think they can dictate or override the voice of the Lord then there is a lot of need of repentance and change of heart.

9th Apr, 2013 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Mother's Blessings & Sisters As Priesthood Holders

We're not trying to change anything, we're simply asking for equality just like God intended, it's not a sin to kindly ask the leaders to evaluate this possibility and with all due respect, I think your post is very self-righteous when you talk about people having the need to repent!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2013 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Mother's Blessings & Sisters As Priesthood Holders
A Friend

Mother's Blessings & Sisters Priesthood Holders - Page 5

Hi everyone. *smile* My two cents on the discussion. I really don't know where I stand with regards to women being ordained but I would like to believe Heavenly Father would let us know his decision whenever He feels we need to hear.

10th Apr, 2013 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Mother's Blessings & Sisters Priesthood Holders Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

The Lord doesn't give answers if we don't ask Him. In this case, the Brethren need to ask Heavenly Father whether or not he intended for ONLY men to have the Priesthood. So, I am not convinced gender is an issue for the Lord.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Mother's Blessings & Sisters As Priesthood Holders

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,