Church Hosts First Web News Conference For Media

Church Hosts Web News Conference Media - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2007 - 4:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is trying to set the record straight about some of its beliefs and practices. It says interest in the church has exploded in the midst of the presidential race that involves Mitt Romney.
2nd Oct, 2007 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

The Church plans to send Apostles across the country to speak to newspaper editorial boards about beliefs of the Church. What is your opinion?

A first of its kind web news conference involved a plea from the LDS church to national news writers to involve them in any discussions about the faith.

Then it was opened to questions. "Can you tell me who speaks with authority for the church," one reporter asked.

Another reporter questioned, "I wanted to know if you could expand on the church's beliefs on where the resurrection of Jesus Christ will occur?"

The church says the discussion is very much fueled by Mitt Romney.

Church spokeswoman Kim Farah says if you'd typed in the words "Romney" and "Mormon" in an Internet search a year ago, you might have yielded 15,000 results. Now, she says there are more than 1 million.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2007 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Media Conference News Web Hosts Church

"This is a time when there is a national conversation going on about us. We want to make sure that we do everything we possibly can to help you report that accurately," explained Michael Otterson, public affairs director for the LDS Church.

I think this is a great idea! Who best to do it then the Apostles themselves.

> TOPIC: Church Hosts First Web News Conference For Media

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,