Arresting Pregnant Women

Arresting Pregnant Women - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Jul, 2007 - 6:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Not recommended...
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2007 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Arresting Pregnant Women

OFFICERS SUSPENDED IN CASE OF WOMAN WHO MISCARRIED

Two police officers were suspended indefinitely with pay Thursday as an investigation continued into their arrest of a pregnant woman who had a miscarriage a day after she was thrown in jail.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/02/police.mi...e.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2007 - 9:17am / Post ID: #

Arresting Pregnant Women
A Friend

Women Pregnant Arresting

The problem is that officers of the law are told to err on the side of caution and address possible medical concerns of the suspect first. But they not only ignored her plea's, they ignore the huge amount of blood loss. She had to get four or five new pairs of pants because she was bleeding right through them, that should have been a warning sign. Not only that, the woman cop was seriously unsympathetic and rude about it. This woman was arrested for having an expired temporary tag in her back window, not exactly a dangerous crime.

25th Jul, 2007 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Arresting Pregnant Women History & Civil Business Politics

I wish I could read more about this report but I will respond to the thread anyway. Hearing about the insensitivity of the police or police brutality is nothing new these days. According to Konquererz's response, it seems like this pregnant woman was invisible to the police officers. The poor lady was pregnant and bled profusely and no one took her seriously? Did the police officers think that she was faking her symptoms? I cannot believe anyone could be so callous! It is almost laughable that the two police officers were suspended indefinitely with pay while investigations continued. I shudder to think the penalty would have been for these two, if the poor lady died along with her baby. I hope she sued them for her loss.

Rather off topic, but...
This reminds me of a recent incident concerning an old lady who was too ill to water her lawn. Her neighbours called the police because her lawn was an eyesore since it was brown and therefore depreciated the value of other people's homes. The police actually responded to this report. When they questioned the old lady about watering her lawn, she explained to them that she was too ill and had no one else to help her. Of course, the police took her down to the police station and apparently, they were not gentle with her. Fortunately, a senior police officer had to intervene and the old lady was released. I understand that she is currently suing the police officers for brutality. I am still dumbfounded that they actually took her to the police station for not watering her lawn!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

> TOPIC: Arresting Pregnant Women

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,