Sql Status Locked

Sql Status Locked - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 18th Oct, 2006 - 7:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: After 18 Oct., 2006 I get a blank page when accessing something in the Forum...
  Never       50.00%
  Once in a blue moon       0.00%
  Only when I see a lot of people online       50.00%
  Every other day       0.00%
Total Votes: 2
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
18th Oct, 2006 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Sql Status Locked

Sql Status Locked

Right now I am trying to tackle a problem where certain queries are run in this Forum and it locks everything up. When locked you get a blank page for about 30 seconds until the script frees everything. Problem is I cannot pin down exactly what is causing it save for this process "Copying to tmp table" which always appears during the lock up.

Offtopic but,
The irony in this is that I moved to a VPS in order to increase more connections (max_connections error) only to be landed with a lock issue.

I am wondering if it is a memory issue, in that there isn't enough memory so it locks the forum?

Update: In a way it was a memory issue. What I did was optimized the "my.cnf" file on the server so SQL querries would run according to the memory I have. At present it is set to:

CODE
[mysqld]
set-variable = max_connections=500
safe-show-database
max_user_connections = 500
key_buffer = 8M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 16M
join_buffer_size = 500K
read_buffer_size = 500K
sort_buffer_size = 1M
table_cache = 1024
thread_cache_size = 286
interactive_timeout = 25
wait_timeout = 800
connect_timeout = 10
max_allowed_packet = 1M
max_connect_errors = 999999
query_cache_limit = 1M
query_cache_size = 16M
query_cache_type = 1
tmp_table_size = 16M

Restart MySQL via WHM.

Already I am seeing the Community running even faster, but I still need to see if I get any blank screens.

Offtopic but,
Editing the my.cnf file and then uploading it to the server can cause a "Unactivated License File' to be displayed in Cpanel or WHM. The cure is to simply restart the server.

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Sql Status Locked

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,