U. S. Elections 2006 - Page 3 of 7

KEY REPUBLICAN JOINS DEMS OPPOSING BOLTON - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Nov, 2006 - 11:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
How do you predict the turnout?
9th Nov, 2006 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

U. S. Elections 2006 - Page 3

Well it is official now and the Republican Empire seems to be crumbling. I guess Nighthawk, Mousetrails, Rush and Bush were not saying enough prayers? devil.gif

QUOTE (USAToday.com)
WASHINGTON - The Associated Press has declared Democrat Jim Webb the winner over incumbent Senator George Allen in Virginia, a win that would give Democrats control of the Senate. The Senate had teetered at 50 Democrats, 49 Republicans for most of Wednesday, with Virginia hanging in the balance. If the results hold - a recount appeared to be a possibility - Webb's victory would end Republican hopes of eking out a 50-50 split, with Vice President Dick Cheney wielding tie-breaking authority.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
9th Nov, 2006 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Elections S U

Think this election wasn't important to a few people. How about calling 911 emergency services to place your vote?

https://www.philly.com/mld/philly/15960620.htm

Now that is performing your civic duty!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

9th Nov, 2006 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

U. S. Elections 2006 History & Civil Business Politics

Interestingly enough, California's results are mostly Republican won, with the distinctive exceptions being Senator Diane Feinstein and Attorney General Jerry Brown, both of whom are very well-known names. And, supposedly, California is a very "Democratic" state.

https://www.election.co.riverside.ca.us/

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2006 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Elections S U

Breaking News

Republican Sen. George Allen of Virginia admits defeat in Senate race. The result gives Democrats a working majority in both houses of Congress.
Ref. CNN

10th Nov, 2006 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Elections S U

As Rush pointed out, while the Republicans lost, conservatism really won. Most of the Democrats who won contested seats were "conservative" or "centrist". They were social or fiscal conservatives. Many are pro-life. Many want the Bush tax cuts to remain in place.

But what is really telling is the state referendums that passed.

Arizona passed two or three very conservative referendums. One of them made English the official language of the state. Another told the state that it cannot give illegal immigrants, or their children, in-state tuition rates.

Michigan overwhelmingly passed a referendum making it illegal for the state to use race, gender, or ethnicity in any way to determine college admittance or letting of government contracts.

I will let Farseer tell us about the referendums that passed in California. I understand that they were surprising in their conservative applications.

However, here is an interesting article in the Washington Times, about who is really celebrating the results of the elections.
https://www.washtimes.com/world/20061108-112234-5597r.htm
Chavez leads gloating over vote

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez yesterday led a global chorus of Bush administration critics gloating over the outcome of Tuesday's midterm elections, but some foreign leaders expressed concern over what the Democratic victory will mean on issues such as global trade and the Middle East.
    Latin American populists, European leftists and Islamic fundamentalists were all quick to point to the U.S. vote as a repudiation of Mr. Bush's aggressive, go-it-alone approach on Iraq and the global war on terror.

Yep. The enemies of the United States are the real winners. I sincerely hope that things don't go the way I expect them to in the next two years.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

10th Nov, 2006 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

U. S. Elections 2006

There is one race left to finish. IF, big IF, the Republican can pull it out the Senate will be 50-50. The Republicans that just want to make nice will go along with anything, so the Democrats own the country except for a few new conservative Democrats, but I doubt they will hold out against Nancy Pilosi. So...up go your taxes, the armed forces in Iraq will have the rug pulled, the terrorist will have a field day, Mexicans and who knows what else will continue to pour across the border, and George Bush will "make nice" and go along with it all. Next election I would vote for any real conservative, even if he was from the "Twisted" party. I don't care what label they carry. I'll swallow my pride and vote Democrat if the man is truly conservative. But by the next election it could be too late. If I were a terrorist I would "claim" to have a bomb hidden in some major American city and let us, US, guess which one while I made threats. Nancy Pilosi would lose her mind and crumble overnight. Just food for thought, but heaven help us if I'm right.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 10th Nov, 2006 - 4:46am

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Nov, 2006 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

U. S. Elections 2006 - Page 3

A couple of interesting things to note.

Before the election:
Gas prices? Down.
Stock market? Up.
Recession/depression/inflation? Not really.
Federal interest rate? Steady.

After the election:
Gas prices? Up.
Stock market? Down.
Recession/depression/inflation? Maybe.
Federal interest rate? Rumor has it going up.

You can't convince me that the economy isn't managed by "The Powers That Be," and that the manipulation around major elections is so obvious!

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2006 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

U. S. Elections 2006 Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

KEY REPUBLICAN JOINS DEMS OPPOSING BOLTON NOMINATION

This is probably not what President Bush had in mind when he stressed bipartisanship after the Democratic Party's midterm elections sweep.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/10/bol...ress/index.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: U. S. Elections 2006

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,