U. S. Elections 2006 - Page 7 of 7

QUOTE Excellent point Vincenzo, this isn't - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Dec, 2006 - 3:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 
How do you predict the turnout?
16th Nov, 2006 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

U. S. Elections 2006 - Page 7

I agree with LDS and Konq on this one. Terrorists are not jumping up and down because the Republicans have been rendered useless. And Democrats doesn't equal more terrorism. I think when discussing the incidence of terrorism it might be an idea to focus on terrorism that doesn't just involve the US. If you look at terrorist activity around the world, including the London bombings, Bali, Spain etc, you will note the incidence of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism has grown rapidly since Bush came to power.

My theory on this is that Bush's foreign policy (which really is a neo-conservative policy) is fuelling terrorism against the West. It is inflaming anti-US sentiment in the Middle East which is causing groups such as Al-Quaeda to grow. You can stop terrorism by killing terrorists, that is idiotic. You only stop terrorism by removing the root cause for it, which is often aggressive, self-serving and oppressive foreign policy.

That is the basis of why I believe these election results won't help terrorists. If US foreign policy is quiet, for the time being, then it's hard to see terrorists chomping at the bit to attack America.

Rather off topic, but...
Mousetrails, a bit of professional advice mate. You should consider the source of the information you consume. Those links you posted were written by someone called "Gaypatriot" and Matt Drudge, a well-known conservative blogger. If I went to my editor and told her they were my sources she would think I was joking. I recommend you visit reputable newspapers, such as The Independent or The Guardian, or newswires that purely report the facts without much analysis, such as Reuters or AP.

I have posted a response to your volcano theory on the Global Warming discussion.

In your discussions I think it would help if you didn't take offence to what other people said. We each have our own opinions that should be discussed in a factual, concise and respectful manner.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Sponsored Links:
16th Nov, 2006 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Elections S U

I think the terrorist are quite pleased with themselves on the results of the election. There might be a little jumping in the streets (metaphorically). Not that it is a "green light" to suicide bomb the world, but that they like knowing that they had an affect on the outcome. Makes them (and by default, their cause) seem justified in their eyes. They like it that they can blow up a train and Spain changes regime (to coin a phrase). They like it that they fight the new Iraq government and the US and Coalition Forces (extentions of Bush and Blair) and Bush gets a "thumpin" and Blair soon get to "packin". Heck, if I were them, I would like it too! With these results, if I were them, I would target major uprisings a bit before every election.

Democrats will bomb people as much as any Republican. I am not sure it is still true, but more bombs were dropped under Clinton than any other US President... Strange, since in most eyes, he was a peace broker. There was a bit of media spin there, but Clinton gets a pass because he was media savy and clever. Bush is "in your face", "take it or leave it" and a "follow me or get left behind type", who definitely doesn't care if he offends you. Well, if you are right all the time, that is a infectious type personality, but when you are wrong, it had a tendency to somewhat grate on just about everyone around and people don't really mind to see you fail. As a matter of fact, they kind of revel in it.

While I feel the terrorist enjoy the fact that they had a influence on the election, I do think they will miss old George when he is gone from office. That is right...I think they will miss him! Bush is their poster boy for hate. He and Blair are everything that is wrong in the world in their eyes. The dynamic duo represent everything that is not islamic. Those 2 guys are burned in ephigy probably 100's of times a week in the middle east. When they are gone, who can they focus on then?

Oh, I have no doubt that they will still perform their dastardly deeds. That is part of their mantra. You see, they really don't like a non-islamic way of life and would like to destroy it.

Just remember, Bin Laden addressed the US people a while back and said that they could be spared if they converted to Islam. He didn't say the US people would be spared if they voted in the Democrats for control of the Senate and House and GWB (republicans) out of the Whitehouse in 2008. So yes...it will be terrorism as usual and no change with the new Senate and House.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 16th Nov, 2006 - 1:57pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2006 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

U. S. Elections 2006
A Friend

U. S. Elections 2006 History & Civil Business Politics

Excellent point Vincenzo, this isn't about republican or democrat, its about faith. Their faith versus us. They will only stop when we convert. Unfortunately, neither republicans or democrats understand that. This election was good in that it will stop the abuses of power by the President. But it won't stop terrorism, and it won't change their tactics. This election was about us making a statement and nothing more.

30th Nov, 2006 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Elections S U

Democrat files suit in Sarasota election flap
BY MARC CAPUTO
mcaputo@MiamiHerald.com

Moments after Vern Buchanan was certified as Florida's newest congressman, his Democratic opponent, Christine Jennings, filed suit today in state court, asking a judge to take him out of office and either declare her the winner or hold a new election.

The case hinges on more than 18,380 nonvotes -- called ''undervotes'' -- in Sarasota County, where numerous voters and a few poll workers complained the ATM-style touch-screen voting machines failed to register votes. Others said it had such a crowded ballot design that they missed voting in what turned out to be Florida's hottest congressional race.

After a machine and hand recount, the Elections Canvassing Commission this morning certified Buchanan the winner by a razor-thin margin, prompting the Jennings lawsuit against the commission, Secretary of State's office and Sarasota County.
By Robert Vitale and James Nash
The Columbus Dispatch
Monday, November 27, 2006
In Florida, Republican Vern Buchanan has been certified the winner by 369 votes in a race for an open congressional seat from the Sarasota area, but his Democratic opponent has filed suit alleging widespread voting-machine problems.
Parma's ballot fight heads to courtroom
In tight race for Town Board, five absentee votes are disputed
Meaghan M. McDermott, Staff writer
(November 21, 2006) - The battle for a one-year seat on the Parma Town Board will continue today with a court hearing to determine whether officials can count five absentee ballots whose timeliness was questioned by one of the candidates.

In the current unofficial tally, only two votes separate Republican candidate James M. Smith and his challenger, Democrat Joseph C. Rittler. Vote totals stand at 2,286 for Smith and 2,284 for Rittler.

Smith filed suit Nov. 14 in state Supreme Court to prevent Board of Elections officials from counting five absentee ballots received in the mail on Nov. 8, the day after Election Day.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/

This kind of posturing is really annoying to me, no matter which party they are representing (and it is the party, not me, they are representing). Just take it and move on.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2006 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

U. S. Elections 2006
A Friend

Elections S U

Excellent point Vincenzo, this isn't about republican or democrat, its about faith. Their faith versus us. They will only stop when we convert.

The goal of the enemy is not to convert us but to kill western civilization as a whole. This is not a unique occurrence, as they have been responding to differences within their own people with violence since they were given independence. Western political debate is to their armed rebellion.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: U. S. Elections 2006

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,