Halloween Politically Correct - Page 2 of 6

QUOTE If you read up on the roots of halloween - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Nov, 2008 - 3:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Would you allow your son or daughter to dress up in the costume shown within the first message of this Thread?
  Yes       10.53%
  No       89.47%
Total Votes: 19
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Halloween Politically Correct Are there some costumes of characters you just should not wear or are people getting easily offended, what are your thoughts?
20th Oct, 2007 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Halloween Politically Correct - Page 2

This photograph speaks volumes about the maturity level of the parents. It is a crying shame that parents would encourage their child to dress up like a terrorist: someone who is responsible for bringing about death and wreaking havoc in the lives of innocent people. Who is this child's mother, Rosie O'Donnell?

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 20th Oct, 2007 - 2:03am

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2008 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Politically Correct
A Friend

Correct Politically Halloween

The costuem is, without a doubt, politically incorrect.

As for wearing it on Halloween, I wouldn't encourage it. It's not funny or cute. It would be the same as dressing a kid to look like Hitler. No one wants to think about terrorists or Hitler in a celebration time like Halloween. We want to think about happy, cute things, or scary fictional characters.

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2008 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Halloween Politically Correct History & Civil Business Politics

I think the only way dressing up as a terrorist would be funny, is if you tried dressing up as Ach-med the dead terrorist from the Jeff Dunham sketches. But other than that, this seems to be pretty ignorant to me.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2008 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Correct Politically Halloween

I guess if I want my kid to be beaten up or possible shot then, yes I would dress him/her up like this.

SOmeone who dresses a child up in this type of costume probably bought themselves a t-shirt that has the word "terrorist" printed across it. SOme people just are too dumb to understand what the message is that they are sending to their children.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2008 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Correct Politically Halloween

Yah, I guess it doesn't really work dressing up as a skeleton with a turban. BUt if you could pull that off, it still probably wouldn't be that acceptable either. I guess I just kind of have a bad sense of humor, considering I laugh when I see someone dressed up as hitler. But then again, I'm laughing because of how stupid I think the guy is, not the "Coolness Factor" it might have.

31st Oct, 2008 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

It is in bad taste and I would not let my child dress like that ever. Now with that out of the way, I wouldn't let my child dress up as dracula, a witch, a skeleton, frankinstein, a zombie, a ghost ... you get the idea? No? All of these things are related to idolizing death and making a mockery of it (my opinion). Why are we insulted by the costume? There are many movies that mock these terrorists and we all have a good laugh. Someone mentioned Achmed? Yeah I watched the DVD and everyone was laughing their hearts out. Achmed (or should I say Jeff Dunham) made a mockery of all those terrorists and the Islamic religion and he is very famous for it. Back to the costume. We are insulted by it because Americans were killed, or does someone here want to tell me that terrorism started at 9/11? America can accept Satanism but frowns on a person who believes that killing infidels will be rewarded by Allah with virgins and eternal life with him. hmm bah humbug

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2008 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Halloween Politically Correct - Page 2

And I suppose dressing up like a vampire or an axe murderer is better? The Idea of Halloween is to scare people. I wouldn't let my kid do it. Of course I am not real big on halloween anyway. If you read up on the roots of halloween then you can see that the whole thing is a disturbing holiday.

I can see how this type of dress kind of hits home for many people and definetly is not socially acceptable.

I probably wouldn't react much if I saw this on my front door on halloween. I could see someone being very upset with it, especially if thier baby girl or boy died from such a person.

The kid seems happy though.

It would be much worse if he dressed up like a Mormon missionary. Can any of you think of something worse than that? I have nightmares about it. A lot of people do. They go to peoples houses all year long! The horror of it all.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2008 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Halloween Politically Correct Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

If you read up on the roots of halloween then you can see that the whole thing is a disturbing holiday.

That's a good point. So, with that, it's probably not really that bad to dress up as a dead apparition, or other deadly entity (Being conservative of course, no terrorists!). As long as it is in the spirit of what this holiday has become. To dress up as something evil, against it's original roots.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Halloween Politically Correct

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,