Yiab Introduction

Yiab Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Nov, 2006 - 4:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2006 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Yiab Introduction
A Friend

Yiab Introduction

Hello, fellows.

I am intensely interested in the wide variety of religious philosophy, doctrine and practice around the world and while I have done some basic research in the areas, I have very little experience with people who follow these religions. I am here to explore how various belief systems are constructed, how they function, how people come to follow them and how they relate to my own.
Additionally, I want to seek out beliefs which feel more correct to me than my current ones.

I was raised a secular Jew and I have since developed beliefs which seem to be a blend of existentialist philosophy, deism and scientific atheism. As a mathematician with a keen interest in metaphysics, epistemology and semantics I tend to understand things better through discussion and debate than through reading.

I also enjoy playing many RPGs and have recently been diagnosed with ADD, so I am quite surprised and pleased to find all of these topics in the same forum.

I look forward to meeting interesting people and having deep discussions.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2006 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Yiab

Welcome to this International Community!

It is good that you were willing to join us here, we hope that you will become a vibrant constructive poster. You may like to take a minute to update your profile by clicking on 'My Controls' near the top of this page and clicking on any 'Edit' link. Please do begin participating by sharing your views on the many topics covered within the Community.

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2006 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,048
Flag Posts: 51,705
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,600.30 FP
Charm: 394

Yiab Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

That was a great intro and I hope you will be active and not merely pop-in. Ensure that your Email is up to date so that as you reply you can be notified of replies to your messages. Use the Site Map to navigate your way around if you become lost.

When you get to 30 posts you can participate in our Medieval RPG, we are awaiting one player at the moment.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2006 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.1%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Introduction Yiab

Welcome to the Forum Yiab. We're glad to have you join us, and thank you for sharing some insight into yourself so that we can get to know you better. We have some great topics here for your perusal, and I see you've already begun finding your way around the boards. We welcome your participation here.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2006 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Yiab Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Yiab

One question I would like to ask is regarding religious perspectives on gender and the physical sex of a person, but I am unsure whether or not this question belongs on the religion board. Is it appropriate to post the question there and if not is there somewhere else I can post it?

Of course, I intent to deal with the question in a mature, inclusive and respectful manner no matter where/if it is posted.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2006 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,048
Flag Posts: 51,705
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,600.30 FP
Charm: 394

Yiab Introduction

Yiab, good question, we have a Mature section where we handle those topics openly and in detail, you may actually be surprised to find it already being Discussed. To access the Mature section you will need to Upgrade to a minimum of Premium Membership.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Yiab Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,