International Discussions Front

International Discussions Front - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 20th Jun, 2008 - 2:41am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Add Reply Q
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2006 - 8:05am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 37,466
Avg: 7.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 5,561.21 FP
Charm: 345

We used to have https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com act as a redirect domain, which is to say that when someone entered that domain in their browser it would redirect them to the portal page for the Community (a bordeglobal.com page). However, that has now changed.

We have redesigned https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com to act as a main domain that instead redirects to various parts of the Community. The page is meant to be simple so you can access what you want when you want rather than be bogged down by lots of information.

Later I plan to use that section to highlight major Topics. If there are any links or things you would like to see on this front page then please post it here. I am also interested to know if this page is more useful to you than meeting the Portal right away.

Inspirational Videos About Life
You can also: Subscribe to My Channel
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2006 - 10:10am / Post ID: #

Konquererz
A Friend

Front Discussions International

It sounds like a good idea. I wasn't to keen on the separation of "internationaldiscussions.com" and "internationaldiscussion.com" but that grew on me eventually. I think this could end up being better than the portal page. Can't wait to see it, when is it supposed to be implemented?

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2006 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

International Discussions Front Feedback & FAQ News Community

QUOTE (Konquererz)
Can't wait to see it, when is it supposed to be implemented?

Well, the front is implemented ( https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com ), but I have not focused yet on the separate pages for Topic links. I'm looking for feedback first on the simplicity of the front which blends in with the Plain Skin.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2007 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog
A Friend

How about a section for current events? Rather than forcing us to try and find a thread to discuss a recent news article, we could post a thread about that current news item and then try to get discussion going on that point. The threads would naturally expire (say after 7 days of no posting activity) so it did not clutter the place.

Advantages

* We don't "force" a news article into an existing thread that is not directly on point, e.g., forcing a discussion of a journalist's impressions with a Hamas leader onto a thread dealing with Hamas politics

* Current topics do not stay in the forum unless people are really interested in them

* New people don't have to read 50 posts from the year 2005 in discussing an event that happened yesterday

* Thread headlines are more relevant and would catch the eyes of people better, also allowing for better Google results. For example, I found this place because someone created a thread on blessing animals. Had this thread been "buried" in a discussion about priesthood blessings, I may never have found this place (with lower Google results).

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2007 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Tortdog, you seem to be posting off shoot messages all over the place today. This Thread is about https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com entrance or the front page cosmetics of the Community as was mentioned in the first Post.

Rather off topic, but...
As for your other 'suggestions', they are there for a reason and are not about to change. Please read the FAQ or the Feedback Board Threads to understand how things are done here. I also suggest that if you are unsure about something that you utilize your Intro Thread rather than posting off topic messages to me all over the place.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2008 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Our Community Domain now has it's own stock market ticker so you can get the up with the most popular stocks when you visit our home page. To see what I am talking about just click 'HOME' at the top left of any page of the Community or Click Here.

Sponsored Links:

Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: International Discussions Front

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2019
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

ROK II

The PvP Elitist

Devious

Merlin

Sensuality

Krusten

Romantic

Krusten

Friendship

Krusten

Chivalry

Krusten

Art of War

Merlin

Lover or Fighter?

The ROK II Player to Player interface allows your Character to make secret meetings with other Characters to create alliances or establish secret relationships. The option to reward each other in certain areas is offered: Devious, Sensual, Romantic, Friendship, Chivalry and the Art of War.

Highlights

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion: Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com By Krusten 6.3 Days Ago Discuss It!
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?: Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics? By Mischief 6th Apr, 2019 - 10:03pm Discuss It!
Difference Between Love & Lust: love How do I know if I am in love or in lust? By Prodigy 1st Apr, 2019 - 7:55am Discuss It!
Depression: Best of  Depression Treatment for Depression By News 13th Mar, 2019 - 5:46am Discuss It!
Mouth Wash vs Warm Salt Water: Discuss  Mouth Wash Vs Warm Salt Water Mouthwash - Mouthrinse - Mouth Sores - Healing Infections - Gingivitis By Vegan 6th Mar, 2019 - 6:14pm Discuss It!
Directly Meeting With Aliens: Discuss  Directly Meeting With Aliens Why haven't we as a collective earth met with aliens yet? By Hunter 6th Feb, 2019 - 1:10pm Discuss It!
Global Climate Change: Top  Global Climate Change World EcoSystem - Biodiversity Changes - Who is on board and who isn By Odessa 17th Jan, 2019 - 4:03pm Discuss It!
Is Manipulating Someone An Evil Practice?: Manipulate By Madison 12th Jan, 2019 - 6:21pm Discuss It!
ISIS - ISIL: Discuss  ISIS Ultra radical and violent Islamist group that even rivals Al Qaeda By News 22nd Dec, 2018 - 8:43pm Discuss It!
USA Teachers Carrying Guns: Top  USA Teachers Carrying Guns An idea to have teachers who want to carry guns to school undergo some level of police training will be left up to local school districts and police departments. By Swell 21st May, 2018 - 5:16am Discuss It!
The Media: Can they say anything they want without worrying about the effect? By Abnninja 16th Sep, 2017 - 4:17am Discuss It!