Temple Revelation

Temple Revelation - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Nov, 2007 - 8:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Does the Temple enable focus and open you up for revelation better than you could outside of the Temple?
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2007 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Temple Revelation

Temple Revelation

"The house of the Lord is a refuge from the world. The Sacramento members shared the following comment with their open house guests: 'Sometimes our minds are so beset with problems, and there are so many things clamoring for [our] attention at once that we just cannot think clearly. At the temple the dust of distraction seems to settle out, the fog and the haze seem to lift, and we can "see" things that we were not able to see before' (Boyd K. Packer, "The Holy Temple," Tambuli, June 1992, 23; Ensign, Feb. 1995, 36)." (Richard H. Winkel, "The Temple Is about Families," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 10)

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2007 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Revelation Temple

When you go to the Temple, it is impossible that our mind can be distracted from anything outside those walls. The peace, the heavenly things we learn are so overwhelming and sacred that you know, you are in Heaven on Earth.

19th Nov, 2007 - 8:58am / Post ID: #

Temple Revelation Studies Doctrine Mormon

I totally agree LDS! We were privileged to go to the temple in Anchorage on Friday. We did sealings and the day involved a funeral, a broken car (just bought) and time crunches! IT was insane and stressful. But we knew what waited BEHIND those doors and as we walked in, and my family was there (parents and Bro/SiL) we knew we were "home" (away from home).

Thanks to this list, I had many things to ponder there and feel I was taught by the spirit. I continually find that when people start to leave the room, we linger as long as we can--BECAUSE we know what lies OUTSIDE those doors!

> TOPIC: Temple Revelation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,