Midlife Transition - Mid-life Crisis

Midlife Transition Mid-life Crisis - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 7th Jan, 2023 - 3:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Middle Age Management or lack thereof....
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

MIDLIFE TRANSITION

What is a Midlife Transition and what takes place?

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2006 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Crisis Mid-life Transition Midlife

It is a stage of life (around 40 years of age) where you start questioning past decisions and where your life is really heading. You do not feel the same feeling of "fulfillment" on the same things that used to gave you that feeling in the past.

A good link that provides information and treatment for it:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/mid-life.html

15th Nov, 2006 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

Midlife Transition - Mid-life Crisis Health & Special Psychology

In my opinion, this is also the phase of life where some folks finally come to see that they are no longer young - that they *will* get older -- and they try desperately to cover it up! They will dress like 20-year-olds, buy sports cars, date younger men (or women), and try to act like they are much younger than they are, attending rock concerts and so forth. Anything to try to stay young, which is an impossible feat. Folks who go to these extremes sometimes *never* get past this phase of their life, which is when you see the 90-year-olds with 20-year-olds as dates.

Rather off topic, but...
Plastic surgery in the US has surged in the past 20 years, to where now even teenagers are having procedures done to look more "perfect." The most horrid example of plastic surgery gone bad is Joan Rivers -- ick! The plumping of the lips, face lifts, Botox treatments, implants -- even men have implants to make their abs and pecs look sharper! It's crazy, I tell you.

26th Jan, 2007 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

...which is when you see the 90-year-olds with 20-year-olds as dates.

Hey, only if my wife (who is a bit younger than me) dies before I do. biggrin.gif

Also, I'd suspect that people who do try to stay young actually DO physically slow down the aging process. I have seen studies on older men who marry younger women and start families. It seems the man's appearance remains younger, he is generally much younger in psysical terms as opposed to chronological terms and he has a more positive outlook (also associated with youth). Hard to say though if it's just men who are more young at heart tend to be more attractive to younger women and therefore wind up married to younger women or if any man who marries a younger women will wind up experiencing more "youngness".

Personally, being 46 and expecting to be a father again (wife's pregnant and due in a couple of months -- meaning that will be #8) I do have to say that one reason I mountain bike and run regularly is because I want to be able to be there for my children well past their "younger" years.

Post Date: 9th May, 2020 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Middle age may be much more stressful now than in the '90s. A new study found that life may be more stressful now than it was in the 1990s, especially for people between the ages of 45 and 64. Source 7d.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2023 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The expression "Midlife crisis" (In English, 'midlife crisis' *wink* was coined by the Canadian psychologist Elliot Jaques in 1965, to refer to the moment in which a person becomes truly aware of their own mortality. Something like assuming: "Not only others die, I am also going to die"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Midlife Transition - Mid-life Crisis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,