Rudy Giuliani - Page 3 of 8

Rudy Giuliani Flip-Flops, Now Won't - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Jul, 2007 - 10:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
  Rudy Giuliani As President of the United States of America
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2007 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Rudy Giuliani - Page 3

Rudy Giuliani Says He's Running for President, Abortion a Turnoff

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor said Wednesday night that he is definitely running for president in 2008. However, his pro-abortion stance will likely turn off a large percentage of the pro-life voters who make up the overwhelmingly majority of the Republican Party voters he'll need to secure the nomination. Giuliani made the statement he's aiming to become president in an interview on CNN's Larry King Live on Wednesday night. "Yeah, I'm running," Giuliani told King. "I think I can make a difference." "I think I can make a difference. I believe that the country needs leadership," Giuliani said. Most of the potential GOP candidates for president fall somewhere along the scale ranging from reliably pro-life to opposing abortion but supporting embryonic stem cell research. Rudy Giuliani falls squarely in the pro-abortion camp, though he's been trying to reassure pro-life voters lately he's not that bad. During the CNN interview, he tried to play down his pro-abortion views. "I am pro-choice, but I am also, as you know, against abortion. Hate abortion. Never liked it,'' Giuliani said. He indicated he thought GOP voters could support him based on other issues. "There is understanding that you can't find a candidate you agree with 100 percent of the time," Giuliani said. "I think they will vote for a candidate based on leadership.''
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat2934.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2007 - 11:19am / Post ID: #

Giuliani Rudy

Rudy Giuliani Says He Still Supports Forcing Taxpayers to Fund Abortions

Rudy Giuliani has worked overtime to try to back off of his position in favor of abortion and persuade pro-life voters that he won't be so bad. While he talks about appointing judges who don't legislate from the bench and flip-flopped to oppose partial-birth abortion, he still supports taxpayer funded abortions. In an interview with CNN, the former New York City mayor told White House Correspondent Dana Bash that his prior position in favor of abortions paid for with public funds wouldn't change if he's elected president. Bash referenced a 1989 interview in which Giuliani said, "There must be public funding for abortions for poor women" and disagreeing with a veto by former President George Bush of a measure that would have paid for abortions with tax dollars. Asked if he would have the same position as president, Giuliani said he "probably" would. "I mean, I have to re-examine all of those issues and exactly what was at stake then-that was a long time ago," he explained. "Ultimately, [abortion] is a constitutional right, and therefore if it is a constitutional right ultimately, even if you do it on a state-by-state basis, you have to make sure that people are protected." Asked again if he supported "taxpayer money or public funding for abortions," Giuliani said yes. "If it would deprive someone of a constitutional right, yes, if that's the status of the law, then I would, yes," he said.
Ref. www.lifenews.com/nat3021.html

9th May, 2007 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani History & Civil Business Politics

On about every news report I've read in the pass couple of weeks nothing talks about any racial or radical issues in relation to Rudy and the Presidency. Everything centers on his opinions on abortion.

Rudy Giuliani Made Many Donations to Planned Parenthood Abortion Business

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Rudy Giuliani has said several times in recent weeks that he "hates abortion" -- in an attempt to play down his pro-abortion views to Republican presidential primary voters who are mostly pro-life. However, new information reveals Giuliani and his wife made multiple donations to the nation's largest abortion business. Records show that Giuliani donated money to Planned Parenthood at least six times during the 1990s. According to Politico, the federal tax returns indicate Giuliani and his former wife Donna Hanover made several personal donations to nation, state and city chapters of Planned Parenthood in 1993, 1994, 1998 and 1999 totaling $900. The web site received the information from a rival presidential campaign that did not want to be identified. Asked why he would make the donations, Giuliani told Politico, "I'll have to look at that" and talked about personally opposing abortion. Responding to a follow-up question about why he would donate to an abortion business when he personally opposes abortion, Giuliani said, "All I can tell you are what my views are."

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th May, 2007 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Giuliani Rudy

This is going to be a sticking point for Rudy and Fred Thompson, as they both are not against abortion. Traditionally, both parties run the primaries to the extremes. The republicans run far right and the democrats run far left to get their parties nomination. After the nomination, then the nominees start sliding towards center to get the most votes possible. It is a time old tradition. Potentially upsetting the far right Christian Conserative base is s surprising tatic by these two. However, at least they wont have to debate and deny their previous voting patterns.

The thing that gets me is that this is the first I can remember seeing a republican candidate (now 2 of them) not embrace the anti-abortion stance of the far right. Giuliani is actually about as close to coming out and saying he is pro-choice as humanly possible and Thompson is saying it is up to the states to decide for themselves. This really does stray away from the typical republican voting base.

All this said, it is one of the normal questions that gets asked at the beginning of a presidential campaign. Unfortunately, it takes a more front seat that some other issues like the economy, the war and social security. Next will be gay-marriage, social security, medicare and the other "lithmus test" for the parties. Note I did not say the war is a huge topic for debate because all candidates are basically against it (except I believe McCain), so there are no points to be had there to separate yourself from the fold. That is unless McCain is the nominee.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2007 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

Giuliani Rudy

Pro-Life Leaders Won't Vote for Rudy Giuliani Over Abortion

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Several leading pro-life advocates say there is no chance they will support Rudy Giuliani for the GOP nomination for president next year because he takes a pro-abortion position. They warn that a Giuliani nomination would doom the Republican Party's chances in 2008 because it would turn off pro-life voters. Their stance isn't surprising as polls have consistently shown that Giuliani loses support with Republican votes because he disagrees with most of them on abortion. Three leaders of prominent pro-life groups spoke with Politico about their reservations when it comes to Giuliani. Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention was a strong supporter of President Bush during his 2000 and 2004 presidential campaigns but said he would not vote for Giuliani in the 2008 general election, even though the Democratic nominee will almost assuredly be pro-abortion as well. "I'm not going to vote for a pro-choice candidate, period," he said, speaking on behalf of himself and not the convention. Tony Perkins, the president of the Family Research Council, was equally strong in his comments about how he would treat Giuliani in the voting booth."Speaking as a private citizen, no, no, I could not support (Giuliani)," Perkins told Politico. "The 20 years I've been involved in politics, the life issue has been at the very top. How could I turn my back on that?"
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3181.html

13th Jun, 2007 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani

It seems like Giulani is going to lose a lot of votes. If I was a US citizen, I would not vote for him either, his stand on abortion is a turn off in itself.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jun, 2007 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani - Page 3

Abortion could potentially decide the Republican nomination. I am studying up on the nomination process. Honestly, I can't say I remember if there is a opportunity for the vote to be subverted like there is in the electoral college for the Presidential Election. Giuliani's stance will play really well in the general election, as moderate republican and democratic voters could accept this position. However, he has to get the nomination before he can move to the center on issues like almost all candidates do that run for president. This is a risky play on his part for sure, but with is voting record he really had no choice.

I am sure there are other skeletons in his closet, both professional and personal. This race is going to get ugly...they got too much time before election for it not to!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2007 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Rudy Giuliani Flip-Flops, Now Won't Answer Roe Abortion Question

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani appears to have flip-flopped on what he thinks about the Supreme Court potentially overturning its landmark Roe v. Wade abortion ruling. Giuliani hasn't suddenly become pro-life; instead, he told the Wall St. Journal he now won't answer the question of what he thinks. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal published over the weekend, Giuliani was asked: "Roe v Wade, should it be overturned?" Giuliani demurred, saying, "I don't answer that because I wouldn't want a judge to have to answer that." "I think a conservative strict constructionist judge could come to either conclusion," he added. Yet, Giuliani has answered the question before -- as recently as mid-May when he said he would be "okay" if the court overturned Roe, but also okay if the court upheld it. The former New York City mayor made the same comments during the May 3 Republican presidential debate, when he said he would be fine with either outcome.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3221.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Rudy Giuliani

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,