Rudy Giuliani - Page 4 of 8

I always thought that there must be some more - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Nov, 2007 - 6:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
  Rudy Giuliani As President of the United States of America
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2007 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Rudy Giuliani - Page 4

Rudy Giuliani Says He Will Not Have an Abortion Litmus Test for Judges

Council Bluffs, IA (LifeNews.com) -- GOP presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani, the only abortion advocate left in the race for the Republican nomination, said on Wednesday that he will not have an abortion litmus test for judicial positions. Campaigning in Iowa he said the issue of abortion or where a potential nominee stands on the controversial Roe v. Wade Supreme Court case will have no bearing on whether he appoints the person to the nation's highest court. "Abortion is not a litmus test. Roe v. Wade is not a litmus test. No particular case is a litmus test. That's not the way to appoint Supreme Court justices or any judge," Giuliani said, according to an AP report. Speaking with reporters after the event he said any candidate for a federal judicial position wouldn't be able to speak their mind on Roe beforehand anyway to pledge to rule one way or the other. "Judges interpret the Constitution; they should not be allowed to make it up. Otherwise, why have legal arguments if you're not going to give judges a chance to change their mind," Giuliani said. At the same time, Giuliani also pledged to only appoint judges who strictly interpret the Constitution -- a pledge that is normally interpreted as one to appoint judges who tend to oppose Roe v. Wade as wrongly decided. Such comments are meant to assure Republican voters, most of women are pro-life and, as polls show, likely to vote for someone else in the primary because of his pro-abortion position. The former New York City mayor also told reporters that abortion isn't the top issue to consider when appointing judges. "I think Roe against Wade is an issue. It is not the only issue," he said. Giuliani concluded that he would appoint judges like Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito who both enjoyed support from the pro-life community and ruled this year in favor of the federal ban on partial-birth abortions. Also hoping to draw support from conservatives, Giuliani mentioned former President Ronald Reagan numerous times and said he would appoint judges in the mold of Reagan's. "He did a very, very good job of, much more often than not, selecting really good judges who would interpret the Constitution in a way that will protect your rights and my rights," he said. "They're there to interpret things, not to change things. You have legislators to change things."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2007 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Giuliani Rudy

Republican Voters Still Don't Know Rudy Giuliani Supports Abortion

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new poll shows that over half of Republican voters can't identify that Rudy Giuliani is the lone GOP presidential candidate who supports abortion. However, the new Pew survey finds that pro-life voters and those who are paying more attention to the presidential race are more likely to know that fact. Among all self-identified Republican voters, just 41 percent are aware that the former New York City mayor is only Republican in the race to favor legalized abortion. Awareness of Giuliani's position is higher among Republican voters who have given a lot of thought to the candidates as 58 percent correctly identify his pro-abortion stance. Only 40 percent of those who have given "some" attention to the presidential race know Giuliani is pro-abortion and just 25 percent of those who have paid little or no attention can cite that fact. There also is an ideological divide as conservatives (who tend to be more pro-life) are more likely to identify Giuliani as pro-abortion than moderate or liberal Republicans (who are more likely to be pro-abortion) by a 47-30 percentage point margin.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3249.html

8th Nov, 2007 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani History & Civil Business Politics

What's up with Pat Robertson sudden open and public support for Rudy Giuliani? What's up with Rudy for even allowing him to come to the forefront like that? This is a guy who says gloom and doom in 2007! I wonder if Rudy will later regret this?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Nov, 2007 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Giuliani Rudy

Few pay attention to who Pat Robertson endorses for President, with the exception of his congregation and the media that love him as a quote machine. I am sure this will not hurt Rudy's chances and a few more votes for the way out extreme right can't hurt because that is the part of the Republican base he is least in touch with...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

8th Nov, 2007 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Giuliani Rudy

Some are saying that this is more about Pat getting coverage than Rudy, but that does not matter to me, since this is all about who you choose to accept endorsements. Based on some of the things Pat has recently said I would not go on camera with him to make CNN news.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Nov, 2007 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani

Certainly it is about Pat, because really not many care who he endorses. No one has been asking..."who is Pat for". The really big endorsements come from really faceless organizations like the AUW, teachers union and the teamsters union. If I were Rudy, I probably would not spend too much time glad handing Pat, but if Pat wants to get up and throw his support my way, I wouldn't stop him. I just would make sure that it didnt look like I was courting him... Pat has a oustanding history of making crazy and ridiculous remarks...his recent seem to be true to his form.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Nov, 2007 - 5:53am / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani - Page 4

Personally, I think Rudy could be hurt by this. As has been already pointed out, Pat Robertson is a little on the nutty side - maybe more than a little. However, as was also pointed out, a few votes from the extreme far-right corner won't be ignored.

It all comes down to who the corporate interests want to win. So much is manipulated. But Rudy now has a bigger problem: Bernie Kerik.

"I think voters should look at it, and what they should say is in that particular case I made a mistake," Giuliani said during a press conferred in Dubuque, Iowa. "I made a mistake in not clearing him effectively enough, and I take the responsibility for that"

"But when you balance that mistake against all the successes that we had and the reality that you make some mistakes and you make some correct decisions, I think the overwhelming record is a record of great success," the New York Republican added..

Giuliani's comments come the same day federal prosecutors are expected to indict Kerik on charges of tax fraud, corruption, and conspiracy counts.
This guy was the New York City Police Commissioner!

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

9th Nov, 2007 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Rudy Giuliani Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

I always thought that there must be some more skeletons in Rudy's past as being the reason he was late getting into the race when most of the others already declared themselves. If you think that Pat Robertson's endorsement might hurt Rudy, imagine what this information might do if there is a bit of truth to it...

https://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2007...-connection.php

Not a direct hard line, but when you are running on the platform he is and leaning on his WTC attack experience and stance on terrorism, this kind of news will hurt...A LOT!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 9th Nov, 2007 - 6:09am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Rudy Giuliani

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,