John McCain - Page 7 of 20

So what McCain needs is a Black conservative - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Aug, 2008 - 1:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (20) »
John Mccain
USA As President of the United States of America
29th Aug, 2008 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

John McCain - Page 7

It was an interesting quote from Carter...especially if we think back to John Kerry's faux millitary salute and saying he was ready to report for duty. Apparently, it is milking if there is a advantage, but if it goes sour then it becomes "swift boating"? I would agree with the statement but maybe not the context that Carter delivered it. Carter's remarks were in a negative tone, but I do think part of McCain's strategy is to remind the voting public that he did serve and unlike many of your most recent presidents, he knows what war is like and the possibilities that it brings.

McCain is very blunt (which should make his electoral base happy) about his views on abortion. With McCain, good or bad, you do get the feeling that he is very opinionated about subjects and drives in the direction he sees fit. He can change his mind, but you really dont get the feeling that he is putting his finger to the wind to check direction. This definitely is a strongsuit for him as Obama gives the impression that he is right on top of that fence and just waiting for a group to push him to one side or another and he will have a great speech when he hits the ground on either side.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
29th Aug, 2008 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

McCain John

Vincenzo, I get the feeling you are leaning towards McCain for the next President?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th Aug, 2008 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

John McCain History & Civil Business Politics

I actually dont like either candidate. McCain is actually not a conservative or at least not by my definition, so I am really interested in who he choses for a runningmate. McCain is frequently a loose cannon as well so I am sure that if he got the office there will be several bouts of foot-n-mouth disease. Obama has a lovely message that sounds good, but has absolutely zilch to back it up. To me, he feels like a walking soundbite. He is a smooth talker and I think that would play well overseas, but he is about as liberal as they come, so that goes against my conservative nature. No one is really talking about the deficit...so...I might just vote for myself. Honestly, if Jesse Ventura was running, I would vote for him before either of these guys. Get me a vintage '92 Ross Perot and I would be happy to vote.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

29th Aug, 2008 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 McCain John

Maybe they are trying to do a Moses situation where they chose a running mate to do the "talking" while they sit in the big chair. It is too bad Libertarians are not given more voice by the US Citizens. They are stuck in this two party ideology that forces your vote in one direction. McCain does have the advantage now, he can look for a suitable counter punch person to take on Biden... who will that be? Romney?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th Aug, 2008 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

McCain John

I really think if it were completely up to him, he would choose Lieberman. They have similar views on the war and both are pretty centrist when it comes to social issues and I believe that McCain thinks the combination would be good at steering legislation...they just probably would never get elected as Republicans would spit up all over that choice.

Romney is the money pick. The guy can definitely get some cash quickly into the battle (and they WILL need it). I like Romney as he is way more conservative than McCain, but Romney might actually be a bit too big to stand behind McCain, at least for his taste. I kind of throw Huckabee in this catagory as well.

Tom Ridge is a popular vote that could deliver Pennsylvannia, but it will come at a HIGH cost as Ridge has voted pro-choice and the religious right of the party would not be able to take a McCain-Ridge ticket with McCain being ANCIENT!

For a victory, I think a female VP might be good. McCain, even with his less than stellar conservative stances is conservative ENOUGH to get the republicans out to vote. A female VP would activate an entire other group...perhaps a few of the former Hillary supporters? For a victory, I think this would be a risky but smart choice. It is like poking at the wound of the democrat party and seeing if there is any blood to be found. The key has to be that the governor or congresswoman has to be well spoken and can hold her own on TV. Sorry...Condi cant be the one yet because she is still wearing the smell of the GWB administration. Probably looking at Hutchison out of Texas or Palin out of Alaska.

Now that is my feeling if I were trying to guide McCain to a win.

Personally, I would rather have Jindal out of Louisianna as he is a conservative. Brownback would also be a good choice.

29th Aug, 2008 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

John McCain

If McCain were going to chose a female VP wouldn't we have smelt it already? I doubt he will play that card, this election is too tight to be taking such risks. He will like bring in a comfort guy, someone everyone can rest assured in. Calm the masses, feed them 'candy' and they will vote for you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Aug, 2008 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

John McCain - Page 7

I dont know...

I watched the Democratic Convention and there are some unhappy former Hillary campers that really arent interested in Obama. That would be a great way to get a few of those undecided votes or ones that could be swayed. This is a really close race. It wouldnt be a Geraldine Ferraro thing, because the country really is ready for a woman candidate (Hillary almost got the nomination), so why not give them one to vote for.

They other thing that struck me was picking a Good O'd Southern Republican (kind of why I like Jindal). Now the true reason for it would be to get the votes of all the racist that just couldnt vote or stand to see a African-American in office. It likely could work, but the media would be ALL over that and I truly think in the end it would backfire...not in a landslide way, but rather people just wont vote kind of way.

29th Aug, 2008 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

John McCain Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

So what McCain needs is a Black conservative female who was a former Governor or experienced in the Senate - sounds easy enough right? laugh.gif

> TOPIC: John McCain

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,