The "Elite" Neighborhoods & People In Trinidad

The Elite Neighborhoods People Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 11th Sep, 2014 - 4:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Trinidad - Real Estate
16th Nov, 2006 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

As well all know, there are some neighborhoods in Trinidad where the locals call "The Elite" Of Trinidad. I am talking particularly about the so called "Gold Coast". Neighborhoods such as Goodwood Park and Westmoorings.

The prices of houses on those locations are very expensive (Millions of dollars), yet in Westmoorings as an example, most of the houses are not fancy (Specially if you have traveled abroad you know the difference). But despite of all of that, the neighborhood itself is family-oriented and overall it's a nice place.

People in these neighborhoods (Wealthy individuals) are often accused of living in isolation, they are accused of not really knowing what is happening in Trinidad and Tobago, they are often accused of not really "Care".

When some Trinis talk about these neighborhoods and the people living there, some of them talk with a certain bitterness about the place and its people.

Have you ever lived in any of these neighborhoods? Did you ever feel like you was isolated from the rest? If you have not lived there, would you like to if you get the chance? Why/Why not?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2006 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Trinidad People and Neighborhoods quotElitequot The

I grew up in the West, and I can tell you that many there really have no clue about the usual daily aspects of life in T&T. I mean to say, they are aware of the crime, inflation and so forth, but you know... it does not affect them on a day to day basis as it would someone who lived in the East as a for instance.

I believe the isolation aspect comes in because these people associate with a group out of the league of most Trinidadians. They go from their home to the car - car to the office - office back to home. They are not jumping in a maxi or walking down Charlotte street, so they may never know that aspect of Trinidad. I had a couple of friends when I was a teenager that did not even know what it was like to ride in a taxi.

Those who complain are just jealous. Those who work hard for their money do not even think about it and the rest of us, like me - do not care!

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2009 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

The "Elite" Neighborhoods & People In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Jimmy

Comments: me as well, it's pretty much a mind set for me, all I can say is I don't really lime with anybody who , doesn't want a better life, I personally don't lime with anyone who critizes rich people, or says bad things about them, I'm reading this book right now actually, that talks about this topic in great detail, some of the things it says are: The fact is, resenting the rich is one of the surest ways to stay broke.

1. Practice the Huna philosophy "bless that which you want." Drive around or buy magazines, look at beautiful homes, gorgeous cars, and read about successful businesses. Whatever you see that you like, bless it, and bless the owners or the people involved.

Contrary to the rich, when poor people hear about other people's success, they often judge them, criticize them, mock them, and try to pull them down to their own level. How many of you know people like this? How many of you know family members like this? The question is, how can you possibly learn from or be inspired by someone you put down?

Your job is to use what you"ve learned to better yourself and your life. That's only a grain of sand compared to the rest of info, it's a mindset for me man.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Do not use line breaks in your submission.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2009 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Name: Yeniseri

Comments: I grew up in the area, lived there, saw it was a mangrove swamp and saw the land reclamation and present building boom as a benefit to the residents. The people are not necessarily rich but over time, land values increased and the area became as it is by people caring for the community they lived in. Good neighbours, good friends, working parents, disciplined children, educational goals, etc all make a community prosperous. A lack on any level or all levels will be obvious in places like Laventille and I am not saying everybody there is 'watless'.
I even hear that that places like Diego Martin is becomming more like Laventille with the disregard for life so as an extension, living in a 'gated community' has its benefits.

Some jails are more gilded than most reminiscent when people used to have open gallery, nice rail work for gates and windows (rejeria) and now you have to lock yourself up in your house!

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2012 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Name: Justvisiting

Comments: The people of class in T&T take their education and use it. The people of the upper class are just hard working smart strong family people that don't get involved with crime. Its no ones responsibility to take care of you get up and take care of yourself! If you are given a free education use it or live in the ghetto.

2nd Jan, 2013 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Generally speaking, Trinidadians can be quite jealous at the success of others hence the "Bitterness" described in the opening post. People living in those areas are hard working people just like other Trinis in other areas.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Mar, 2013 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

The "Elite" Neighborhoods & People Trinidad

I wouldn't live in the west simply because I am an Arimian and I love it in the east. I like the lush mountains of East Trinidad as well as the higher amount of rainfall and don't get me started on the wildlife! For nice houses there are Leotaud lands, Sierra Vista, Christina Gardens as well as Vista Park, Mandalay, Santa Rosa West to choose from and the prices are lower to boot! People should try the east for a change - they'll love it! Westmoorings is way overrated in my opinion with its inflated house prices - you can get a better deal in the east.

Reconcile Edited: Cagel on 18th Mar, 2013 - 12:47am

11th Sep, 2014 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

The "Elite" Neighborhoods & People Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

international QUOTE
People in these neighborhoods (Wealthy individuals) are often accused of living in isolation, they are accused of not really knowing what is happening in Trinidad and Tobago, they are often accused of not really "Care".

Why should they care? Its not their business how others choose to live their lives. That is the job of each person to decide how they will educate themselves and earn an income sufficient that they can possibly be wealthy one day as well. Trinidad and Tobago is not like Iraq where you have terrorist attacks daily and people living with their whole family on the streets. Go to the poorest areas in Trinidad and you will see Direct TV dishes and the latest Nike shoes. The whole thing is jealousy plain and simple.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The "Elite" Neighborhoods & People In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,