If I Did It - Page 2 of 4

I don't think the Goldmans will make - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 24th Aug, 2007 - 8:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Would you buy this Book by OJ Simpson?
  Yes, I like OJ Simpson       0.00%
  Yes, I would buy it out of curiosity       0.00%
  No, I would not even touch it       100.00%
  No, I would read it from a library only       0.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Under a barrage of criticism, Judith Regan says she published O.J. Simpsons book "If I Did It"
22nd Aug, 2007 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It - Page 2

The questions here concerning this book are:

1. Did he write this book because he was concerned for his kids getting something?

2. Did he write this because he thought it would be a controversial best seller?

3. Did he write this just for kicks?

4. Did he write it just because he loves dwelling on the past?

Whatever, the reason it is nothing more than a flop and he probably is losing more than gaining from it. I wonder how the people in Florida feel about him being in their turf?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2007 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

It I If

What a low-life! I am surprised that after it was determined he must pay this amount of money to the family of the victims, he still can be free. The book deal is so wrong in every sense you can think of!

Rather off topic, but...
I think more people should react as the owner of that restaurant that refused to serve him when he recognized who he was. Simpson just said he understood and left with his friends. Then the lawyer of Simpson was "crying" discrimination because of race. rolleyes.gif

22nd Aug, 2007 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I am very dismayed by the latest news about this so called fictitious book, "If I Did it" is going to be published after all. I am pleased by the fact that a few bookstores are refusing to carry it, by hiding behind the excuse that it may not generate enough sales. A very nice way of disassociating themselves with a well known murderer.

1. Did he write this book because he was concerned for his kids getting something?

2. Did he write this because he thought it would be a controversial best seller?

3. Did he write this just for kicks?

4. Did he write it just because he loves dwelling on the past?

I seriously doubt that he wrote this book for the sake of his kids. If he truly loved and respected his children, he would not have written this book since it is a painful reminder of how their mother died. I think he is hoping that it would be an instant best seller and naturally, he wants to capitalize on this. In some sort of twisted way, I believe that this book reflects that he is gloating over the fact that he got away with murder.

LDS said:
Isn't he supposed to pay the relatives of the victims this HUGE amount of money? If he is not able to pay for it, how come he is not in jail for not paying?

Last month, a federal bankruptcy judge awarded rights to the book to Goldman's family to help satisfy a $38 million wrongful death judgment against Simpson.

I think that all sales from his book will be given to the Goldman's family to satisfy the wrongful death suit. I doubt OJ Simpson will receive anything from it.

22nd Aug, 2007 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 It I If

Geenie:

I am very dismayed by the latest news about this so called fictitious book, "If I Did it" is going to be published after all. I am pleased by the fact that a few bookstores are refusing to carry it, by hiding behind the excuse that it may not generate enough sales. A very nice way of disassociating themselves with a well known murderer.

Let's clarify that it is the family of one of the victims who made a deal for this book to be published under a lot of criticism. They will leave the book intact but they will add commentary.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP)  -- A literary agent for the family of stabbing victim Ronald Goldman has made a deal to repackage and publish O.J. Simpson's canceled "If I Did It" book about the slayings of Goldman and Simpson's ex-wife, a spokesman for the agent said Monday.

Details of the agreement, including the name of the New York publishing house, will be released Tuesday, said Michael Wright, a spokesman for Los Angeles-based literary agent Sharlene Martin of Martin Literary Management.

"The family and publisher have pledged to leave Simpson's manuscript entirely intact, but they will also add key commentary," Wright said in a prepared statement. "The Goldmans, the publisher and Sharlene Martin will all contribute portions of sales proceeds to the Ron Goldman Foundation for Justice."

Wright declined further comment. Martin primarily represents self-help, nonfiction and memoir writers, including "You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again" author Suzanne Hansen, according to her Web site...

22nd Aug, 2007 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

It I If

As for the reaction of Florida well lets just say they harbor quite a few well know criminals and protect their "rights".

24th Aug, 2007 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It

Thanks for the explanation LDS. I was under the distinct impression that OJ was allowed to publish the book on the condition that all monies go to the Goldman family. I am appalled that the Goldman family are going ahead with the publication of this book. I thought that the loss of their son would be painful enough to motivate them to stop the publication of the book. But apparently not. This situation reminds me of JB's thread on "The Psychology of Money." It is truly unbelievable that the Goldman family are publishing this book which seems to be OJ's way of rubbing in their faces, how easy it was to murder the victims. But I suppose "the money" will compensate for their pain. Money surely impairs a person's judgement in any given situation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Aug, 2007 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

If I It - Page 2

Geenie, actually for what I read is that the family will add commentaries making OJ Simpson look like a real murderer, they will use his own words and play around it.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2007 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

If I Did It
A Friend

If I It Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I don't think the Goldmans will make any money off this book. The Goldmans had to hire attorneys to sue O.J. Attorneys aren't cheap, especially when it results in a long and drawn out trial. And then, even after you win, you have to pay attorneys to collect on the judgment.

OJ has made this process incredibly expensive for the Goldmans. It was his way of giving them the finger. I am quite sure the Goldmans had legal bills far in excess of $100,000.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: If I Did It

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,