Forced To Kill?

Forced Kill - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Nov, 2006 - 7:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Can you truly be forced to commit crime? Is there still a choice in the eyes of the law?
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2006 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Forced To Kill?

PAIR 'FORCED' INTO KILLING ROLE

Relatives of two of the people charged in connection with the brutal slaying of a 26-year-old man in southeast Auckland claim the pair were forced into participating.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3867534a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
22nd Nov, 2006 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Kill Forced

I could not access the link. I think you could be "forced" to kill but in the end is your choice to kill or not, therefore for the law it should not exist a difference.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Nov, 2006 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

Forced To Kill? History & Civil Business Politics

I couldn't get to the link either. However, I would definitely hope that the 2 accused of the killing are also claiming they were forced or it will look quite odd that it is only relatives that are making the claim. In the US Justice System, this would ultimately be handled by the jury. Truly, the law must look at it blindly and a death is a death. I would think it is up to the defense lawyer to prove that the 2 had 'no-choice" but to commit the murder. The threatening of a loved one or both of them would be the only excuse that I could see a jury giving leniency. This means they would be convicted of murder (most likely it would be manslaughter), but the sentence potentially could be almost non-existent. The key though would be in the proof that they had the treat and it was believable.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Forced To Kill?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,