Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 21 of 25

Didn't this new government say something - Page 21 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Oct, 2010 - 2:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 25 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 
High Inflation Economy, cost of living, high prices
24th Apr, 2010 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 21

I suppose this thread was 'closed' because the inflation rate has gone below 10%. I don't know how long it has been there but I saw the news today where it says that it stands at 5.1% for March and increase from 4.8% in February. Thanks to everyone who were sure to tell us when things were bad but didn't when things got better. It seems that a certain brilliant economist knew what he was doing.

P.S. I double checked at the Central Statistical Office which confirmed what the news said about the inflation rate.
Also the exchange has gone to $6.36, again I don't know how long it has been at that rate.

Reconcile Edited: lordryoko on 24th Apr, 2010 - 3:18am

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2010 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Are we supposed to clap and smile when the groceries still going up? Sorry, not me. We have been hearing excuses for years, it needs to stop and needs to be some sort of serious control.

24th Apr, 2010 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

international QUOTE (lordryoko)
I suppose this thread was 'closed' because the inflation rate has gone below 10%.

If the Thread were closed you would not have been able to reply. Maybe you meant "old" but then no Thread here is considered old.

international QUOTE
Thanks to everyone who were sure to tell us when things were bad but didn't when things got better.

And your sarcastic point is? I guess we need to thank you for showing us our wrongful ways? Maybe you wanted to point this out because you want to make 'Papa' Manning look good?

Rather off topic, but...
Welcome back from your hiatus. Look forward to future 'battles' so long as you can handle it civilly.

26th Apr, 2010 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Page 21 Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Thank you for your welcome JB and I'll be quick with my reply. My point, sarcastic or not, was to point out that an entire thread was started to point out that the inflation rate was ridiculous and was getting more and more ridiculous regularly. We were given a ball by ball play as the rate increased yet now that the inflation rate is low, nothing is heard. Why is this? As I said, I don't know how long ago it dipped below 10%. You said I did it to make Uncle Patrick look good, well the thread was started to make him look bad, tell me which is worse?

Rather off topic, but...
The reason for my hiatus was that my life and my outlook at life has changed a bit. I have taken on a very stress free attitude, not to be confused with don't care. Here and now is not the time to talk about that, I'll explain more as I go along. I too look forward to our 'battles', I rather enjoyed those healthy debates smile.gif

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: You have to close the tag with a back slash. Corrected for you.

26th Apr, 2010 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

I understood your point. Usually "news" is what is going bad. When the inflation went down (not the food prices much) I guess this Thread lost its fervor. I have not been able to point out a few things that could be added here.

Rather off topic, but...
Keep in mind we run an International Community here and with tens of thousands of subjects to update it is hard to keep each one with the latest news. However, you are welcome to keep it up to date and any other Thread that you feel needs to be current.

If you would like a Blog opened to share your thoughts and experiences feel free to request it via your Intro Thread.

24th Sep, 2010 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

According to the Express the rate of inflation in Trinidad and Tobago has jumped to its highest level in 27 years.

international QUOTE
Central Statistical Office data showed that headline inflation continued its upward trend, climbing to 16.2 per cent in the 14 months to August this year from 14.1 per cent in July last year, the Central Bank said yesterday.

"The August outcome represents the highest year-on-year increase since November 1983 when the rate also measured 16.2 per cent. On a monthly basis, headline inflation rose by 2.2 per cent following an increase of 0.5 per cent in July," the Bank stated.

Rising food prices were again responsible for driving up the rate on inflation.

"On a year-on-year basis, food prices increased by 39.1 per cent in August, up from 33.3 per cent in July. The main contributors to food inflation were increases in the prices of vegetables (63.4 per cent), fruits (37.8 per cent), fish (12.2 per cent), milk, cheese and eggs (5.7 per cent) and meat (5.1 per cent),"
the Bank said in its repo rate statement.

"Over the past few months, the persistent rains and accompanying floods have seriously affected domestic food production in several of the main agricultural areas," it added.

By contrast, there were declines in the sub-indices for bread and cereals (-3.4 per cent) and oils and fats (-3.3 per cent), notwithstanding the recent rise in global prices of wheat and dairy products.

Core inflation, which excludes food prices, measured 4.1 per cent (year-on-year) unchanged from the previous month. The data show that core inflation has remained sticky at around 4.0 per cent since the beginning of the year, perhaps reflecting weak demand and the existence of much spare productive capacity, the Bank said...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Oct, 2010 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% - Page 21

We did had a very harsh drought and severe floods right after. The prices of food stuff was bound to go up and thus the inflation rate too went up. With that in mind, 16.2% is mind boggling. I just hope that things get better, cause I am really hoping that it doesn't get worse.

12th Oct, 2010 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 21

Didn't this new government say something at one point about setting up committees to look at a way to regulate food prices? I have heard little of this, everything seems to be focusing more on Jack Warner.

As for inflation in itself I am not seeing any huge raise in food prices. Maybe I am so used to seeing it high that a few cents more is of no meaning anymore.

+  « First of 25 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,