Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 6 of 25

In what way is this global food problem different - Page 6 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Apr, 2008 - 9:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 25 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (25) »
High Inflation Economy, cost of living, high prices
14th Mar, 2008 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 6

I hate to say this but the Minister of Finance is correct where the flour situation is concerned. There is a shortage of wheat at the moment and hence the reason why the price of flour is rising (no pun intended). The best move for all Trinis to make would be to protest these high prices in Trinidad. But I am not holding my breath for that one because I am certain, it would never happen. The next option for people to explore would be to start growing some of their food; for example, tomatoes, pigeon peas, cassava, sweet peppers etc.

Sponsored Links:
14th Mar, 2008 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Geenie:

The next option for people to explore would be to start growing some of their food; for example, tomatoes, pigeon peas, cassava, sweet peppers etc.

This is exactly what I want to do. I am going to research more about it because my space is limited and I have kids as well. This situation is worrisome really.

14th Mar, 2008 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

You people need to come to the US and you'll see the same thing everything is rising.

14th Mar, 2008 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Buff, it is not the same.

Everyone, the government's response is that certain taxes will be removed from food items in order to keep prices in check. This will be done on all basic food items including meats, milk, cheese and peas.

Now the catch here is that the government MUST enforce this, because they always talk about these cost reductions, but you do not see it at the cashier.

2nd Apr, 2008 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Kiss white bread is now $9.50! I am not buying it!

Now they are saying chicken is going to increase too. Now all you KFC loves can go run and pay $25.00 for your box of KFC.

The interesting thing is this... salaries are not budging at all. In fact soon you may start seeing a slowdown and people losing their jobs.

5th Apr, 2008 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

Buff said:

You people need to come to the US and you'll see the same thing everything is rising.

JB said:
  Buff, it is not the same.

Buff you are absolutely right. Inflation is going up and the world is in a food crisis right now. The farmers cannot keep up with the rising demand for food. Americans are now regarding grocery shopping as a sobering experience and are watching their pennies very carefully. The cost of food and fuel is rising. I am cringing while I am typing this but I have to say it: we cannot blame the current regime in this country for the rise in food prices because it is indeed a global trend. Here is a link which indicates that there is a food crisis worldwide:

https://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/agflation

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 5th Apr, 2008 - 7:41pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Apr, 2008 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% - Page 6

Not sure what your reason is for quoting me, but it is STILL not the same, and I will challenge anyone on that argument, bring it on.

5th Apr, 2008 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 6

In what way is this global food problem different in Trinidad JB?

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,