Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 7 of 25

QUOTE (Geenie)However, let us pretend that - Page 7 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Apr, 2008 - 6:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 25 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (25) »
High Inflation Economy, cost of living, high prices
5th Apr, 2008 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 7

JB the article clearly indicates that all prices on food and fuel are rising all over the world. I was surprised to even notice that the cost of bread is rising as well. I just do not understand why you keep insisting that it is not the same. Please explain.

JB:

Not sure what your reason is for quoting me,

I merely quoted you, to indicate that the cost of living is going up globally and food prices are increasing just like here.

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2008 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

It is simple math...

Even during these global inflationary times... in the US a person makes US$20.00 for doing the SAME job that someone here is paid TT$10.00 to do. The person in the US goes to the grocery and pays US$2.00 for an item that we will be pay TT$30.00 for here. How is that the same? Not only is the money we are getting LESS, but we are also paying a HIGHER rate for it. How is that the same? I look on the television and see ads to go to Mc Donalds, Burger King and others and get a DOUBLE cheese burger for only US$1.00. If you are lucky to go to Burger King here and get that same item for less than TT$25.00 then you are lucky. How is that the same. This is a typical cop out argument that Trinidadians use... "It is happening everywhere".

When salaries match those of the US and when prices even with an exchange rate match those with the US THEN and only THEN can one make a comparison with the US, until then it is all bologna talk.

6th Apr, 2008 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I see what JB is saying, I guess the idea of saying its a global problem makes it better to swallow.

6th Apr, 2008 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

I wasn't saying that we have it more bad that all you down there I was just saying that everyone is being affected by inflation.

8th Apr, 2008 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Geenie, you are leaving the debate in the best part? smile.gif

Beowolf, yes inflation is hitting every country worldwide. Having said that, every country is being affected differently. Trinidad and Tobago cannot even dream to compare to the US, Canada or Europe where the salaries, cost of living, lifestyles, etc are absolutely different.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2008 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%
A Friend

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

Yes there is inflation all over the world A lot of it is due to the rise in oil expenses. The cost of oil is far reaching and the more products you buy that were shipped to you or your location is going to go up mainly because the price of gas has gone up and the everyone in the chain wants to make a profit. It is the end user who pays for those profits. IF the movers and store owners were not making a profit they would soon stop working.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2008 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% - Page 7

OK JB, I understand what you are saying and I acknowledge that this present government, is responsible for the TT Dollar being "worthless." However, let us pretend that the TT dollar is stable and quite valuable, inflation will still affect us negatively. Food prices will continue to soar, just like in other countries. There are people in other countries whose salaries are not increasing, just like here in Trinidad and are struggling to make ends meet. If you think about it, it is very difficult to stop inflation.

in the US a person makes US$20.00 for doing the SAME job that someone here is paid TT$10.00 to do.

It depends on what the job description is and who is evaluating the position. I have attended job interviews where employers provide a detailed description of what they expect of their new employee. The job in question is usually very difficult and a lot of work is involved and yet, the employers choose to rate the job as easy and provide a salary that they "consider" to be fair.

Rather off topic, but...
I have noticed that the latest trend in companies is, sometimes, they expect the employee to do other employees' jobs and instead of indicating this in the job description, they outline all the duties that the employee is expected to do, including, "other tasks, as assigned.' Which is a clever way of giving the employee other people's jobs, without paying them extra and without directly indicating this, in the job description.

16th Apr, 2008 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 7

QUOTE (Geenie)
However, let us pretend that the TT dollar is stable and quite valuable...

I'm not sure what your point is here. The problems people are going through here is not a game, we cannot pretend something that does not exist nor has never existed. We could pretend 'what if' situations all day long, but that is not reality. Inflation here is NOT the same as in North America just as Trinidad is not as affected as someone is who lives in Haiti, to put everyone in one bucket is to be uneducated about economics and the value of the dollar. Hence my reason for this reply to Buff who eluded to it being "everywhere" and on a similar or worst level in the US.

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,