Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 10 of 25

Well where you buy food then? Indianchick... - Page 10 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th May, 2008 - 8:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 25 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (25) »
High Inflation Economy, cost of living, high prices
1st May, 2008 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 10

OK folks, let's not get side tracked here, the Topic is Inflation in Trinidad & Tobago and it is not getting any better, especially with the sleeping government we have running the country.

Sponsored Links:
11th May, 2008 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

The mentality that has this country in a mess!

You cannot pass by the Diego Martin Taxi Stand in Port-of-Spain without noticing a sign in bold red that reads: ALL PIES $4.

Although the price of flour has been increased significantly, Dermot's-For Fresh Pies-is still going strong.

He has increased his prices from $3 to $4 and customers are still buying. A female representative from Dermot's said: "We have been asked by many of the other pie vendors to raise the price of our pies even further. But we are not doing that, because we do not want to lose our loyal customers."

She said some of the other vendors felt pressured because their pies were going for $5.

"The vendors who sell further up town were forced to lower their prices because of competition," she claimed.

The representative said although flour was the main ingredient in the pie, they tried not to make the layer too thick.

500 baked daily

Dermot operates out of a small factory in Barataria, and workers come out from 5 am.

More than 500 pies are baked daily, but because of transport limitations, all cannot be sold at the same time.

Pies are sold from 6 am on South Quay. When the first batch of pies are sold, the workers make two trips to the factory to replenish the supply.

"Our pies are probably the best-tasting pies in town. That is why people buy them all the time," she boasted.

Sunday Guardian asked a few customers why they bought the pies.

"Well, I have been buying from here for a very long time, and even if he increase his prices I will still buy, because they taste so good," Keron Alexander said....

11th May, 2008 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yawn...inflation at 10%...maybe there should be an independent office of some sort to investigate and combat this particular issue...By independent I mean NOT OF THE GOVERNMENT....yawn....
Then maybe this body can advise consumers on overly inflated products, goods, services etc....yawn....
I'll be happy to be part of the price tasting initiative....snore..snore...
Maybe people will start supporting lower cost initiatives, and some normalized level of prices can be reached...I say normalized because I'm an artist and I use recording software...I meant standard pricing...yes standardized pricing...or tolerent pricing...and may GOd Bless our food prices..I mean nation...snore...snore.

12th May, 2008 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Well the Governor of Central Bank, Mr Ewart Williams, did mention recently that Trinis tend to buy a lot and hence the reason why prices are going up. It is interesting that no one seems to care about home cooked meals anymore. I suppose with both parents working long hours, no one wants the added chore of cooking, when it is so much easier to buy fast food. But I think it is ridiculous that people will continue to buy regardless of the cost. What ever happened to being "budget" conscious or saving your pennies for a rainy day?

Anyway, I just had a thought. If inflation means that everything must increase, is it necessary to still add VAT on food? Why can't the Government help poor people by removing VAT altogether?

12th May, 2008 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Your Prime Minister already told us all why he is not removing VAT, and I agree with him in a sense. If they remove VAT the government will lose tax and at the same time the 15% discount WILL NOT be passed on to the consumer because the supermarkets will just keep their prices the same or continue to increase them.

What is needed is a rash communist approach --> set the price of food at one rate governed by a local food council or committee.

12th May, 2008 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

I say post food prices for now, on the forum and vote them ridiculous or acceptable..

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th May, 2008 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% - Page 10

Why does anything need to be listed, most everything in the grocery is expensive!

17th May, 2008 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 10

Well where you buy food then? Indianchick... I mean maybe we can get those prices down by boycotting or by changing where we shop for food.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles.

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,