Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 11 of 25

Name: LRD Comments: IndianChick, just trying - Page 11 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 19th Jun, 2008 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 25 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (25) »
High Inflation Economy, cost of living, high prices
17th May, 2008 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% - Page 11

Regardless to where you shop things are expensive. A pack of milk will cost the same in Hi-Lo as it will in the snackette because those things are price set. The difference of choice is mostly between expensive and very expensive as far as I can see. The only real place to get a bargain is the market.

Rather off topic, but...
Bushimdim read the Constructive Posting Policy that you agreed to BEFORE you joined or leave if you cannot Post constructively. What, you think adding dots on your words helps?

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2008 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

The difference of choice is mostly between expensive and very expensive as far as I can see.

That's the way I see it as well. Some supermarkets differ a bit on less needed items, but the basic stuff is about the same wherever you go.

Bush, you have some special source for buying food we don't know about?

18th May, 2008 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10% Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

No chick, I buy my groceries at the mall in Trincity, so I'm subject to the same expensive caviar taste as anyone else.
You never know, a few posts on those prices and we might cause an uproar.

19th May, 2008 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

You shop at Trinicity mall and you think that those are bargain prices? I thought you were going to say that you buy wholesale or from the dealers or other place. rolleyes.gif

19th May, 2008 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Inflation Tobago and Trinidad

Hey I never said those were bargain prices. I just said I buy there, it's the closest to where I live, but you're right, it is probably best to get things wholesale instead of retail, that'll probably lower those food prices if it becomes a trend.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

Name: LRD

Comments: There seems to be a misunderstanding about the cause of inflation here. Rising prices are the result of inflation. Inflation is the expansion in the supply of money and credit. The government is printing too much money, more money chasing the same amount of good and services equals higher prices. I am not saying supply/demand has no effect but the reason everything is going up is largely due to massive increase in monetary aggregates by most central banks throughout the world, a consequence of money backed by nothing except the "faith and credit" of a government. We are heading toward hyper-inflation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jun, 2008 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% - Page 11

Where is the misunderstanding LRD, that we have a government that just talks and does nothing bout it or that everything is expensive and no matter where you shop you are going to be buying less than you're accustomed to?

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Inflation 10% Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 11

Name: LRD

Comments: IndianChick, just trying to point out that what is happening is more due to the debasement of the currency rather than prices rising for no good reason. Being pegged to the USD does not help, as that currency is doomed.

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,