+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Muslim Tattoo
Body Identification
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2006 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam
A Friend

Did you know that tattoos are a sin in Islam , which holds that believers shouldn't deface their bodies. But because of all the car bombings , and kidnappings. Iraqi's are now getting tattoos. But these are not like the tattoos we are use to seeing. They are getting tattoos of their name , neighborhood , and telephone number as identification in case he or she is killed in a car bombing or kidnapping and then their body being dumped in the street. Who would ever think think that tattoos would ever be used in this manner. That is just sad , unbelievable.

Sponsored Links:
24th Nov, 2006 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Wow, thanks for sharing that experience with us. Since this is the Islam board and you are in Iraq, how are the zealous type of Muslims taking this issue of the tattoos?

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2006 - 10:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam Islam Studies

They are totally against the whole tattoo thing. But when Iraqi's get tattoos , they are usually well hidden so that the public can not see them. Anybody having knowledge of anyone or busisness giving tattoos will be killed on spot.

26th Nov, 2006 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Wow! That's really interesting. I had no idea whatsoever that it was a sin for Muslims to get a tattoo!

To be killed on the spot for doing this seems really harsh, but I guess if it's against your religious beliefs, you don't want to encourage people to 'corrupt' others in the faith. It's really sad that people are having to tattoo themselves in case they die in order to be identified. This another aspect of war that you don't tend to think about or realize until it is brought to your attention!

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2007 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Islam Sin Tattoos

According to many schools of thought in Islam (including my own) getting a tattoo is NOT forbidden. Its funny you mention Iraq most people there or at least the majority Shiites obtain their religious rulings from Ayatollah Sistani and he certainly doesnt forbid tattoos.

22nd Apr, 2007 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Karbala, so if it is not forbidden, do you know of active Muslims who display or show any tattoos?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2007 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tattoos Sin Islam

I know a couple of friends who have tattoos. Some even have tattoos of religious figures. Culturally perhaps it isn't very encouraged and is quite rare. But that is completely different to saying it is a SIN.

29th Jul, 2007 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam Studies Islam

Tattoos are not forbidden but it may depend on the size and the topic that is depicted. Shi'a are more open in this matter but anything out of sight of the religious police, it makes noo difference. I would not call identificalion, as in the first post, a tattoo but I guess it fits as a mark on the body therefore a tattoo!

In Lebanon when they celebrate Hosein's day (Hosay in T&T), you will see markings on the body of those who participate in the street processions!

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,