Interpreting The Scriptures

Interpreting Scriptures - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2006 - 3:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2006 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

In my studies of different Religions, I found that different religions interpret the Scriptures differently. How do you interpret the scriptures? Do you study it out in your own mind or do you listen to someone else on what it means?

Let's hear your thoughts.

Reconcile Edited: Zelph on 2nd Dec, 2006 - 5:22am

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2006 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Scriptures Interpreting

QUOTE (Zelph @ 2-Dec 06, 1:20 AM)
How do you interpret the scriptures? Do you study it out in your own mind or do you listen to someone else on what it means?

Since this is the Bible's revealed board, I can only speak for the Bible. I try to interpret it not only through prayer but also I analyze context, history, linguistic, etc. I usually check some manuals of Institute from my Church to comprehend a certain Scripture I may have problems with, yet there are literally many passages that I still do not have an interpretation or answer for.

2nd Dec, 2006 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Interpreting The Scriptures Revealed Bible The

I do what studying I can, but since I am not an expert on the history and languages, I do rely on outside sources to help me understand.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2006 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Scriptures Interpreting

One does not need a knowledge of history or languages to understand what the scriptures are trying to tell us. When I was first trying to understand the scriptures I use to find books that would help explain events that were taking place. But when it came to Spiritual aspects of the Scriptures if I didn't understand one, then I would sit and contemplate it until I either understood it, or I got tired of thinking about it and then resorted to going to the other books.

3rd Dec, 2006 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Scriptures Interpreting

It all depends on what is to be interpreted. I find that most things are already interpreted by the scriptures themselves, not necessarily within the same chapter or verse or even Book where you may be reading or looking for clarification, but within another part of the Bible.

I find that a mixture of insights, understanding and thorough reading helps, but true answers come through the peaceful times after prayer when personal revelation is given to you from above in a way that no man or book could ever do.

> TOPIC: Interpreting The Scriptures

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,