A Gift For Yourself

A Gift Yourself - Christmas - Posted: 27th Sep, 2007 - 8:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

To put under the tree...
8th Dec, 2006 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

A Gift For Yourself

A Gift For Yourself

I know of a few persons who like to buy a Gift for themselves to wrap up and put under the tree. They call it a 'Gift for themselves' for Christmas, because they deserve it. Usually they buy something a little pricey and use Christmas as the excuse. What do you think, will you do that too?

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2006 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Yourself Gift A

No, that's pretty silly. I understand you may want to buy something for yourself but wrap it and put it under the tree? laugh.gif Christmas is about giving.

8th Dec, 2006 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

A Gift For Yourself Christmas

I don't do it, and really it sounds a bit bizarre, but I do know someone who does this every year, and always treats herself to a small diamond ring. All year round, she is very 'me, me, and more me', so I'm not too surprised that she spends christmas devoted to herself either(although she isn't alone)
I think that if it makes her happy, what the heck, but it's certainly not something that I'll be taking up laugh.gif

9th Dec, 2006 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Yourself Gift A

I would do it save for the wrapping up part. I would just call it a treat for me for the Season, but I could only do it after I bought gifts for everyone else. This is easy for me to do because I rarely buy anything by way of luxury for myself at anytime during the year.

9th Dec, 2006 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

Yourself Gift A

This is so funny, because I was just considering doing this very thing, this year biggrin.gif However, it's not just for me. My daughter and I still don't have a sofa in our living room - after 6 months of living here! - and I thought it would be fun to get one and wrap it up under the tree for us both to open on Christmas morning. At least then we'd have a place to sit together to open the other presents!

9th Dec, 2006 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

A Gift For Yourself

QUOTE (DianeC @ 8-Dec 06, 5:54 PM)
I do know someone who does this every year, and always treats herself to a small diamond ring.

Wow, she must have a lot of small diamond rings by now!

I don't do this, although I could see the possibility since, like JB, I don't exactly buy a lot of things I don't need at other times of the year. However, one thing that I will definitely be doing and that my parents always did, is buy gifts (with my husband) that are intended for the whole family, which is what it sounds like Farseer may do with her sofa. This makes sense because if you need or want something that the whole family can enjoy, and particularly if they can enjoy it together (like some kind of game or something) than it is surely worth it and still a fun suprise for the rest of the family who did not know that it was coming.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Dec, 2006 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

A Gift For Yourself
A Friend

A Gift Yourself

I don't treat myself at Christmas, usually, unless it's just something like a cheap movie that I have found while I'm out shopping. Even when I get money for Christmas, it usually goes to buying gifts for other people, rather than spending on something I want.

I am treating myself in January when I get my refund check back from the school, though. I just don't think that Christmas is the time for me to treat myself to some expensive gift.

27th Sep, 2007 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Gift Yourself Christmas

I know a friend who does this every year! She has expressed her frustration about receiving lousy gifts at Christmas time. So she decided to start a tradition by purchasing what she really wants, wraps it in Christmas paper (complete with Christmas card and all) and placing it under the tree. I tactlessly asked her, what was the point because it was not a surprise since she knows what the gift is. She feels special and sometimes, she pretends that the gift is from someone who really cares about her. Now that is very sad! She does not understand the concept of "It's the Thought and not the Gift, that counts!"

If I want to treat myself to something expensive or buy an item that I really need, by all means, I will buy it! But I refuse to wrap and place it under the Christmas tree. That is going a bit too far for me!

> TOPIC: A Gift For Yourself

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,