Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? - Page 3 of 6

Mr JB, I just do not give beauty the same - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 24th Jul, 2007 - 8:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
19th Jul, 2007 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? - Page 3

LDS said

What do you mean? We are speaking strictly in terms of physical features rather than personality

I am as enthralled by physical features as anyone else but physical beauty breaks down as we age and I look for something more (I think) like kindness, compassion and so on to match with that beauty. Beauty is subjective!
I admire a North Indian Punjabi facial type as a South Indian Madrasi, as a Hausa or Fula, or Somali, or someone like Mala Rodriguez or Nelly Furtado but the fact remains we tire of those things when the heart does not measuer up to the physical attraction!

Sponsored Links:
19th Jul, 2007 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

Yeniseri, stop all the 'mumbo jumbo' and stay on topic, if we wanted to Discuss inner beauty then we would not be talking about comeliness, but charisma and kindness. Read the FIRST Post in this Thread if you want to know what the Topic is about.

23rd Jul, 2007 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

JB, that is a good hint! Thanks.

Trini are no more ugly or comely than any other. 'Ugly' or 'Comely" is still a matter of perspective or value because I can see a 'beautiful' woman and you tell me you see 'ugly'.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

23rd Jul, 2007 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

So then what you are trying to say is that Trinis are 'average' looking?

23rd Jul, 2007 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

Let's face it, we have some people here who look like hogs, but worst yet their attitude is not far from the way they look either. Then we also have some real dishes of delight, they look like a good plate of pelau ready to be eatten but when you talk to them the you see that the plate of pleau is really a bowl of uncooked saltfish. When I visit my mother's country I always have to wonder which place is better and I am sorry but impenada seems to look better than doubles.

24th Jul, 2007 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?

JB stated

So then what you are trying to say is that Trinis are 'average' looking?

Fom my part of T&T, (Carenage, Westmoorings, Diego), Trinis are better than the average but again beauty is in the mind of the beholder. I am equally sure other parts of T&T have their own version of beauty, which I applaud and can appreciate.

I do not want to come out like 'my perception of beauty is better than anyone's else'. Before the Creator, all of us are one, and the more noble and moral amongst us have tiny advantage.

As I aspire to be a more spiritual being, I alone am the ugly and comely one!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jul, 2007 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Typically Ugly Comely - Page 3

For those of you who want to SERIOUSLY consider beauty and not wash it down with rants that try to make it look like we cannot have a social judgment of beauty then I suggest you read my thoughts in the Fashion Board where I Discuss this in depth.

24th Jul, 2007 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Typically Ugly Comely Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Mr JB,

I just do not give beauty the same importance but I see nothing wrong with others expressing their own perception of it!
I see Penelope Cruz as being beautiful but my best friend says she is ugly! Go figure. Yes, Hips do not lie.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,