Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? - Page 5 of 6

85% of Trinis are mixed race? I suppose it - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 28th Sep, 2008 - 2:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2007 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?
A Friend

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? - Page 5

Is beauty in the eye of the beholder? beauty as that which brings enjoyment to the person who looks or contemplates. subjective properties as properties that require subjects of the right sort to make a difference. When we say something is beautiful, are we recommending to others that they should take delight in it? Beauty may be intersubjective, but is it objective? Can we argue rationally about whether something is beautiful? Is beauty both skin deep and in the eye of the beholder?
I live in Trinidad for about 7 years been to Germany, France, Japan, China, Dubai, Peru, Brazil, I currently living in Washington DC USA, I personality think that, the United State by far has the most beautifully women in the world, In the US we have women from all over the world, under the roof,, If I compare Trinidad to the world, on scale of 1 to 10, I will give Trinidad a 2 for trying, Sorry folks
I am a Trini Born Mixed Japanese and Indian

Remember, it's just my subjective opinion

Sponsored Links:
23rd Oct, 2007 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

QUOTE (HiTehman)
I will give Trinidad a 2 for trying...

laugh.gif Sorry for laughing, but I could not help it, because after you gave a '2' which is such a low figure you put "for trying". Ouch! Having traveled I know what you are talking about. I have lived in Trinidad, Argentina, Venezuela, Wales, England and the United States and so I can see why you make your judgment. I wonder how our ladies of the Community will respond to what you said... Kaisofan, Geenie, IndianChick and others?

23rd Oct, 2007 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

JB:

I wonder how our ladies of the Community will respond to what you said...

I do not have a problem with his opinion at all, everyone is entitled to it. He does not find Trinidadian women very attractive and I am sure many people feel the same way as well as all the opposite. When statements such as "Trinidad has the most beautiful women in the world" are made need to be taken with a grain of salt, after all each country says that about their own women. laugh.gif

Everyone has different "taste", some may find Trinis in general very attractive, some may not.

23rd Oct, 2007 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

Although born in T&T and lived in Okinawa, Japan, S. Korea, and Phillipines, I tend to admire facial variety as opposed to facial oneness.
What I am referring to is, let me explain. I have been watching the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Show (how they actually pick them) and no doubt those women have a degree of beauty that is exception BUT they all look alike, meaning a lack of variety within the make of the girls themselves. Even the Asians and African ethnicity girls tend to morp towards that "type" they are looking for.

Facial variety per the specific group is far more appealing to me than facial sameness. Just my thoughts and subjective opinion!

22nd Aug, 2008 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

I suppose it has to do a lot with our perception of beauty, our cultural backgrounds, etc. The statement that we hear sometimes from foreigners about Trinidadian women being the most beautiful in the world is nothing more than a cliche. I cannot count the many times I heard celebrities coming to Argentina and saying the exact same thing and then they go to Germany, Chile or Uganda and they say the exactly same thing about women AND local food of those countries. So really, is just a normal cliche people uses to compliment others, that's all.

I have seen very good looking women here but to be honest (and I do not intend to be offensive) were only few of them. I would not describe Trinidadians (men and women in general) as beautiful people physically on my own cultural view of beauty. Just my personal opinion.

I think women in Trinidad are quite attractive in general and that general standard of attractiveness is quite high. At least among Indo-Trini women, by that's just my own opinion.

That does not answer my question. Whose perception? and perception of what?
Generally speaking, if they believe that our girls are uglier, who are they uglier than? and as I asked, before
"If we are comparing beauty and people (whoever they are) believe that trinidadians are uglier than others, are they saying that our caucasions are uglier than other caucasions, our africans are uglier than other africans, our indians are uglier than other indians or our mixed are uglier than other indians?

What is the definition of ugly here? Is ugliness really an absolute or does it differ from person to person or society to society?

I'd presume that my definition of "ugly" might differs from yours or LDS'. It seems to me (and it's not my intention to offend here) that a good number of Trinidadian women are big and buxom and let have let themselves go, and personally I do not find that attractive. But this is just my own standpoint and obviously doesn't have total bearing on anybody else. Of course there are some men who like big women and it's entirely their prerogative.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2008 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?

Name: Trinitothebone

Comments: Dred this is a bunch of hullabaloo.

The reason why some people say that Trini people are beautiful - they really mean unique due to the fact that 85% of the population are of mixed race , so much so that some people do no even know they mixed.

All this talk about ugly or not is relative. Please find something better to talk about, bunch of shallow people I tell you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2008 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Trinis Typically Ugly Comely - Page 5

Trinitothebone, you must be shallow yourself because you replied. If you thought the topic was not worth replying, why did you bother?

Anyhow, where do you get the idea that when some people say that Trinis are beautiful they mean really "unique" due to the some of the population being of mixed race?

One thing you're right about: Ugly or not is relative. Hence, everyone here shared their opinion on the matter.

28th Sep, 2008 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Trinis Typically Ugly Comely Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

85% of Trinis are mixed race? I suppose it depends how one defines mixed race. I think a lot of Trinis perhaps look black or Indian but might have a non-black or non-Indian grandparent or great-grandparent in some cases. And sometimes I find it difficult to tell who is mixed race or not. I've met some people who, when getting to know them better, are douglas but look Indian.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,