Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? - Page 2 of 6

QUOTE (yeniseri @ 14-Jul 07, 2:11 PM) Are Trinis - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Jul, 2007 - 6:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
18th Dec, 2006 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? - Page 2

This is a very weird question, I can't understand the reason for this question and I will disagree

You don't understand the reason but you disagree? spock.gif Disagree on what? It was just a question. You somewhat answered already by stating that there are plentiful beautiful women in Trinidad. Good. Now, let's not make it an issue when other people does not agree with your perception of beauty.

Let us not have those who judge us based on their own perception of beauty and cannot look beyond our physicality to find the beauty which exist in all human beings.

Huh? We are talking about physical beauty here...let's not get mixed up. I am sure a lot of Trinidadians are beautiful on the inside but that's not what we are talking about. It is also NOT a matter of judgment but perception.

Rather off topic, but...
If you notice Gossip asks controversial questions (that's her purpose). Just answer what is being asked, it is not necessary to point fingers at those who do not agree with you. It's just a question and everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2006 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?
A Friend

Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

Its weird, I don't understand what you expect to get out of this question and why you feel its necessary to even ask this.

Why are foreigners the sole perceptors of what beautiful is?

18th Dec, 2006 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I don't understand what you expect to get out of this question

Errr...answers. spock.gif

and why you feel its necessary to even ask this.

Necessary? This is a DISCUSSION forum if you haven't noticed it. We can ask anything we want, you are not bound to reply. When you press the "Add Reply" button it becomes your choice to get involved in the thread.

Why are foreigners the sole perceptors of what beautiful is?

Are you seriously asking this? First of all, because that's the example given by Gossip. Second, it is used to mystified the fact that Trinidadians perceive their people as one of the most beautiful people in the world...well obviously, not everybody feel the same way.

Rather off topic, but...
Trini, with all due respect, you should check the thread about Trinis being "thin-skinned" Jeez, just state your opinion (is welcome and encouraged) but do not try to tell us indirectly what type of topics can or cannot use...and the most important of all: Detach yourself emotionally from the threads, otherwise you will get a stomach ache. *wink*

19th Mar, 2007 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

I strongly believe that Trinidadian women are the most beautiful women in the world! I have heard some whispers from foreigners about Trinidadian women are very hideous to look at. However, I believe in the old saying: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!" An individual's perception of beauty may vary from society to society. I have learnt that a foreigner's perception of a beautiful woman is: she must have long flowing blonde hair (doesn't matter if it is extensions), blue eyes (coloured contacts are acceptable), slender waists and large breasts (even if they are not real). A person's perception of beauty may also be influenced by the media; for example, if you look at most movies, the heroine or damsel in distress is usually a blonde with blue eyes or either one of the two. Of course, if someone stays in Trinidad long enough, he/she will realise that Trinidadian women are naturally beautiful (whether pure or of mixed races) and not assisted by plastic surgery!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 19th Mar, 2007 - 9:03pm

19th Mar, 2007 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Comely Ugly Typically Trinis

Geenie said:

I have learnt that a foreigner's perception of a beautiful woman is: she must have long flowing blonde hair (doesn't matter if it is extensions), blue eyes (coloured contacts are acceptable), slender waists and large breasts (even if they are not real).

Don't you think you are generalizing a bit too much? wink.gif As a foreigner in Trinidad I do not think at all that blondes with blue eyes are the measuring stick for beauty at all. I can give a list of all Hispanic, Blacks, Indian and Asian women who I think are more beautiful than the typical Baywatch girl.

Nevertheless I won't go as far as to say that I think MOST Trini women are beautiful, there are indeed some who are good looking nevertheless there are not all around neither I cross them every day but as you well stated beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

20th Mar, 2007 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?

QUOTE (Geenie)
I strongly believe that Trinidadian women are the most beautiful women in the world!

We have a Photo Album that is free for you to use and share with us some of this beauty wink.gif do not be shy.

I have heard some whispers from foreigners about Trinidadian women are very hideous to look at.

Were they from Venezuela? I would have threatened them with a reincarnation of their description of a Trini woman for such a stupid and degrading statement.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jul, 2007 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Typically Ugly Comely - Page 2

Trinis have always been beautiful people to me! Even moreso than other islands.
I love the variety of Trini faces in all their majesty. There are certain facial types that I admire obviously but they are my people, all of them.
Are Trinis ugly? It depends on our behaviour and attitude!

14th Jul, 2007 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Typically Ugly Comely Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

QUOTE (yeniseri @ 14-Jul 07, 2:11 PM)
Are Trinis ugly? It depends on our behaviour and attitude!

What do you mean? We are speaking strictly in terms of physical features rather than personality.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinis: Typically Ugly Or Comely?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,