Race: Black Mixed With East Indian - Page 3 of 4

Name: Tsa Country: Title: Comments: Here in - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 18th Jun, 2011 - 1:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best of  Race Black Mixed With East Indian
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2009 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Race: Black Mixed With East Indian - Page 3

Name: MK

Comments: I'm East Indian, my husband is West Indian (Afro-Caribbean), and our daughter would be considered blindian!I live in the U.S. While my parents had the expected reaction initially to our marriage, they now are extremely accepting and adore my daughter(who is gorgeous, although, I guess I'm biased). My extended family in India is accepting of both my husband and daughter. I'm glad to hear other's experiences. I try to expose my daughter to both cultures (she's just a toddler still), and try to make sure she feels positive about being BOTH black and Indian. There are a lot of backwards people, but not everyone is that way. Just try to surround yourself with positive people and remember, you don't owe anyone any explanations. You just need to be comfortable in your own skin.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Dec, 2009 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Indian East Mixed Black Race

Name: Zayna

Comments: both of my parents are a mixture of black, East Indian, Chinese, white, and Amerindian(They're both Caribbean).

Where I am there are a lot of South Asians and I am in their company a lot, especially since I'm Muslim and there are many south Asian Muslims here. We get along on a friendly level, But I still don't feel that connection w/ them, because I don't think I'll be accepted. It's weird that we have something in common but are still worlds apart.

I'm accepted as being black and feel comfortable in the black community, the only thing that bugs me with a lot of black peoplel is if you dare acknowledge any non black ancestry you're a sell out or ashamed of your blackness...thanks to the one drop rule.

At the end of the day however, I'm comfortable with who I am and love my heritage.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2010 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Race: Black Mixed With East Indian Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: AshRam

Comments: I am from Trinidad, I am Dougla, my grandfather and grandmother taught us to be proud of our Indian heritage. I know the word is derogatory but I am proud to be Dougla. I was exposed to African culture and grew up with Indian culture and traditions. I don't mind being Indian or African fortunately I am both and quite happy with that. I am saddened that people would use derogatory terms to define other human beings.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2010 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Indian East Mixed Black Race

Name: Mam

Comments: My mother is from west India while my father is from south India. My mom is very fair with brown eyes and curly hair while father is dark with straight silky hair. My paternal grandfather was fair and so is papa's younger bro whereas my papa, and his two sisters are dark. Why is that so?

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2010 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Indian East Mixed Black Race

Name: DualIdentities

Comments: I am mixed race black with Native American, Hispanic, White and East Asian.

I am mistaken for West Indies, East Indian, or Ethiopian. People are not sure where I am from. I do not mind unless I am expected to respond like someone who is from their culture.

For the most part everyone has been nice. I did run into a rough patch where some of the East Indian men thought I was passing for black. I kept telling them I was not East Indian, they did not believe me.

I now understand that this will be an ongoing question for some of them. I also understand I will be treated like someone from their culture. Not good when out to lunch with a group of men.

I hope they realize that not everyone who looks like them is related ethnically. Genetics are cool, we should just enjoy them.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2011 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Race: Black Mixed With East Indian

Name: Shelly

Comments: Mo, I know you are speaking from experience and have found Indian people to be unaccepting of you and Nigerian people to be more accepting, but to be honest it can go either way. There are Nigerian people who are racists too, I know black Americans who are racist. Now Nigerians or black people tend to accept people that are mixed more easily because they find that mixed person are more attractive because of the lighter skin, better hair, better features,etc. It's self-hate. Every other culture in the world is more into preserving their race and there's nothing wrong with that. They are proud of their culture and would like to preserve it. Don't worry about it let's see them try because whether they like it or not some say 50 years from now,but I say 100 years from now, everyone will be a mixture of two or more races.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th May, 2011 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Race Black Mixed East Indian - Page 3

Discussion specific to Trinidad Racism issues: Source 4

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2011 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Race Black Mixed East Indian Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Name: Tsa

Title:

Comments: Here in Guyana... There's a term for that mix... Its called 'Dougla' from a Hindi word 'Doogola' which means son of a whore. This mix is treated well by the black population but frowned and look down upon by Indians... They fall into same category as blacks.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Race: Black Mixed With East Indian

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,