Race: Black Mixed With East Indian - Page 4 of 4

Name: Kna Country: Title: Same here Comments: - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2012 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best of  Race Black Mixed With East Indian
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2011 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Race: Black Mixed With East Indian - Page 4

Name: Crystal

Title: First generation

Comments: As a first generation Black Indian I find it very hard. My mother is Nigerian and my father is East Indian. I was raised by my mother and had some contact with my father growing up. Feature wise my nose is my prime distinction and my hair is African (though its chemically relaxed). Among the black community it is obvious that I am not just black but I am told that I should say I am black. When my hair is long and I am serious I look very much Indian. I have an Indian gaze I am told. However I am told by my mom and the community to say that I am black when I don't look like that community or have that leaning. In fact I naturally gravitate to Indian customs without having prior knowledge of it. Such as aryuvedic practices and manner of speech my voice even goes up to high ranges like Indian women when I speck and I try to lower my voice. In terms of being raised Indian the closest I got was that, when I was little the little red dot was placed on my forehead and my parents would let me go out into the world with it but I would get teased by students and even teachers would make harsh comments about me to each other. I feel like I have no identity because I am continously being told to accept one culture to gravitate to when their are no real role models or similarities in appearance or interest. I don't know where to meet Indians and I feel like I would be rejected coming this late to explore that part of my heritage that I seem to resemble more despite my lighter complexion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2012 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Indian East Mixed Black Race

Name: Kna

Title: Same here

Comments: Hey I don't know the name for what I am.. My dad's Indian from the North and My mum's a mix too of Black and White. I have Indian skin and nose but my hair is a mixture of straight in the back and top and really curly on the sides. It sucks cause I can't do anything with my hair but keep it short because that's when it looks straight. I'm accepted mostly by my Indian part I'd say...

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Race: Black Mixed With East Indian

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,