Race: White Mixed With East Indian

Race White Mixed East Indian - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Apr, 2010 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2006 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

If someone is mixed in this way then which race are they? How do people refer to someone mixed in such a manner in your country? Are they treated better or worst socially because of the mix?

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2006 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Indian East Mixed White Race

Which race are they? Mixed I guess. Depending on how strong the East Indian blood is they can still pass of for white, but in most cases there is always some key features that gives it away and the look normally falls into the category of a Middle East or Latin look.

In my country a person who is NOT white is often referred to as such just because they are more fair than the majority, but most times it is not the case. For instance a person of this mixture would be termed 'half cast' or 'Paki' (not a nice term) and would definitely NOT be considered white.

People of such a mix would be well treated here in my opinion.

19th Dec, 2006 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Race: White Mixed With East Indian Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

For instance a person of this mixture would be termed 'half cast' or 'Paki' (not a nice term) and would definitely NOT be considered white.

I think you forgot to mention that these terms are used in England, right?

As JB pointed out, they are "mixed" and as everything else in Trinidad they would be described as "white" or "Indian" depending on the look.

I notice most Trinis do not differentiate between races but differentiate about skin color. So if the girl is East Indian but her features and skin colors are very fair, she would probably be referred to as "white".

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2010 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Indian East Mixed White Race

Name: Susan

Comments: Well, I am a so called "mixed" one. My mother´s from Bangladesh and my father´s white and I always have been treated as a white one. If someone asked me about my origins they always thought, I would be some kind of Latin, but that didn´t happen that often. On the other hand I can say that my sisters complexion is way darker so that everyone knows she could never be completely white. But no matter how dark or light our complexion is, we´re treated the same way as whites or blacks.

> TOPIC: Race: White Mixed With East Indian

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,