Plug In Cars

Plug Cars - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 25th Dec, 2010 - 12:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Electric cars to fight climate change.
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2006 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Plug In Cars

COMING SOON: A CAR YOU PLUG IN

Motorists will be charging their electric cars at kerbside power points within five years under an ambitious plan mapped out by the Government to fight climate change.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3896627a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2006 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

Plug In Cars
A Friend

Cars Plug

Awesome, everyone is trying to help the environment except the US. In the US, you can say, coming soon to a car lot near you, and SUV that sucks up more gas, gets low gas milage and just barely meets required pollution standards! Electric cars and alternate fuel sources coming when oil fields run dry in a couple decades!

I like the idea of electric cars, especially since we are seeing more and more wind farms producing the electricity. The fuel is produced cheaper and cleaner. What great idea and plan for some government to implement.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2007 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Plug In Cars Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Who Killed the Electric Car? New Documentary Looks at the Mysterious Disappearance of the EV-1

General Motors has been at the center of one of the nation's largest controversies over clean emissions-cars. In 1996 the company introduced the EV-1 electric car in California and Arizona. Hundreds of the electric cars were soon on the road. Then they all disappeared. The mystery behind their disappearance is the subject of the documentary ³Who Killed the Electric Car?² We¹re joined by the film¹s director Chris Paine, and Chelsea Sexton, a former GM employee who worked on the EV-1 electric car.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/13/1421243

24th Apr, 2008 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Cars Plug

Disappearance indeed more like they just caved to the giant Oil producers pressures. I will refrain from comment of Bush on this. All I can say is go research who funded the lobbyists that had the cars banned from California at a time when a wait list for the car was building faster then water behind a beaver dam.

On a different note KNtoran in a different thread brought up the point of how quiet the cars might be and would a blind person hear them coming.

I for one would be glad to reduce the noise pollution levels but he has a point that might need to be addressed by the manufacturers. I know the tire noise would sufficient to hear in the daytime as many cars would be traveling. But what about just one...I do not think they would be perfectly quiet just quieter then a combustion motor.

Ever stand beside an electric car they produce a wining sound. In fact when they take off they sound kinda cool like a science fiction movie space ship. But would that be loud enough for an older blind person to hear? Perhaps a simple wind dam to give a whistling sound would help.

I think a simple device that would emit a signal that would be readable by a rf device would be the solution. Have one installed in every car and the blind person carries the receiver presses the button and it would vibrate to let them know a car is coming. It is rough but a thought. In the city is is easy cross at the lights.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2008 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Plug In Cars
A Friend

Cars Plug

I am not sure why people believe the USA is doing nothing to find different sources of energy to get off the oil. Granted you have some that are still driving their big gas guzzling suvs at 100 MPH and laughing at all the smaller cars. The majority of people I have talked with the past month are restructuring their budgets so they can still get to work and feed their families. With Iowa having a lot of wind farms I think the electric car is due for a major come back. Maybe that will cause the oil companies to take notice that we are not going to put up with their high fuel prices. I would like the US to put more electric cars out on the roads we have. I would like to buy one myself to get back and forth to work.

25th Apr, 2008 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Plug In Cars

KNtorna it is not just the States I am looking at it is all of North America. Just happens at the time of 1995 the cars wee still unable to function well enough in Canada so warm places like California mare where they targeted not to mention they have the toughest pollution laws. To me a natural fit. I think they could run 65 miles per charge so enough for many people to use.

I do know that new battery technology has been used I cars (like the Tesla) and one that we have a discussion open on was being tested last year in Switzerland to see how it did in the cold. It ran 250 miles per charge we now have a fully functional car that most could use 90% of the time. Cost 90000 but is a performance car. So a family car likely could be done but would not be a whole lot cheaper I am betting. I think Lotus has backed this one now.

FYI I did the math on this one based on 15 cents per kWh and it works out the same as buy a gas engine that gets 32 mPg for 60000 at the end of 250000 miles. Based on 4 liters to the us gallon and 1.10 per liter. I guess the deal just got better.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2008 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Plug In Cars
A Friend

Plug Cars

Yes the more and more the gas prices go up them more and more the electric car looks like a better value for the money. I am sure that soon it will be much cheaper to buy a electric car than a gasoline car even if the gasoline car is priced a lot cheaper. I am burning about 12 gallons per week. At $3.50 a gallon that is not cheap. I see the gas prices going up more soon

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2010 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Plug Cars Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Vroom Vroom: Silent electric cars need noises

Should an electric car go vroom vroom like its internal combustion ancestors, make a noise like a space ship in Star Wars or emit the tranquil sounds of birdsong? Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Plug In Cars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,