Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Left Behind Eternal Forces - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 24th Dec, 2006 - 9:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Convert or Die!
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2006 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

In the spirit of being non-biased about this game, which I'm not, I will start by giving the link for the sight that promotes these games before giving my opinion on it.

https://www.leftbehindgames.com/

Now for my opinion. Its a dangerous religious game. The premise is set in New York after the rapture. You have to build an army to stand against the anti-christ. What you don't know, until you play the game, which I have, is how much violence there is in this game.

You have to convert people, neutral people, to the side of god. You build an army with guns and takes and an entire underground society to stand against the anti-christ, by force. Those against you that won't convert, are enemies and must be killed, with your machine gun or tank. This makes your spirit go down, and to much killing causes your troops to lose faith. But fear not, you can pray to get your spirit points back up.

The most shocking part of this game is the lack of body clean up. When you kill someone, they don't disappear, they just stack up on the road. After an hour of fighting a fierce battle against the anti-christ forces, the street was littered in bodies. Very gruesome. But what was more shocking, was when I came back after tending to my banking and food supply system, the bodies where still there! They never disappear.

I must say that it isn't much more violent than the other games out there, but its disturbing that they are catering to christian children. It doesn't have a rating yet, but they are pushing it for christmas. This type of violence is no more acceptable because its "christian" violence, than allowing my kids to play grand theft auto. This is teaching that there is an acceptable time to use this kind of violence against people when they don't believe like you. Never mind that fact that dispensationalism is completely off the wall with little scriptural basis, this is being pushed on children! Where are the angry mobs wanting this game banned for promoting violence? Where are the churchs speaking out against killing mass numbers of people in the name of god?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Forces Eternal Behind Left

I wouldn't worry too much about this game. The game play is quite bad as there are control issues, interface complications, and inept AI. Considering what they'll be up against, only people who really want this game are going to buy it. Beacuse of all of the problems the game has most casual gamers and RTS fans will avoid it.

> TOPIC: Left Behind: Eternal Forces

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,