First Time

First Time - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 11th Feb, 2008 - 9:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Joining the site as a Newbie.
22nd Dec, 2007 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

First Time

First Time

The longer I run this site the more I realize that no matter how many navigation tools you provide for Users there will be someone that just will not be able to find something. The main reason for that is this site is HUGE and they do not realize this at all!

No where do people get lost the most than the ones who are now joining and have to post an Introduction. To help these people get out of a sticking point I put an actual visual example of what they will see and expect on the Introduction Page. To see what I am talking about Click Here.

The largest reason we get many joiners that do not reach the Intro page is because they do not validate their Email. Sometimes Emails go to SPAM or FILTERED folders and then when they check their Inbox they claim the Forum has not sent it to them. That one takes some kind of know-how on the person's part, nothing I can do about that really.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2008 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Time First

When I first joined I thought it was fairly easy to find stuff. I'm more used to it now but could not understand the intro message thing in the beginning, but its a good idea.

12th Jan, 2008 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

First Time Feedback & FAQ News Community

I did not get the email at first well at least until I wrote the owners and they told me to check the spam part of my email and it was there! I don't get why it goes there.

24th Jan, 2008 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

Time First

I like the site but hate seeing those angry ladies with their fists at me, is there a way to get rid of that for good?

24th Jan, 2008 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

Time First

Well, Upgraded Members do not see this. I mainly created that for Members who have a certain Post count but do not really say anything much about the site.

6th Feb, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

First Time

there will be someone that just will not be able to find something. The main reason for that is this site is HUGE and they do not realize this at all!

Yes that sounds like me! When I first joined, I couldn't find certain topics very easily. But you are absolutely right JB, this site is HUGE! I think I can find things now, thanks to the Search Engine.

Rather off topic, but...
By the way, in case I have not mentioned it before, I love the new look of the forum!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2008 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

First Time
A Friend

First Time

Why use a search engine. I like to explore around and find things myself. As for this site and being new I think I am getting around pretty good. The more I see the more I like it. Thanks smile.gif

11th Feb, 2008 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

First Time Community News FAQ & Feedback

Why use a search engine.

I usually use a search engine for the following reasons:

1) If I wish to create a new topic then, I need to do a search to see if it already exists.

2) I am sometimes very impatient and I like to find topics quickly, so I find the search engine a very useful tool.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 11th Feb, 2008 - 9:33pm

> TOPIC: First Time

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,