Beware: Christmas Toys

Beware Christmas Toys - Christmas - Posted: 20th Dec, 2006 - 9:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Beware toys too loud, toxic, magnetic - two national groups also note choking dangers.
Ref. https://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650215273,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2006 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Toys Christmas Beware

I thought that toy makers knew to avoid lead based paints now, but apparently they don't. The lead is the biggest surprise of the season for me. As for the loud toys, I avoid them at all cost! Noisy toys are bad when you sleep during the day because you work at night. So nice quiet toys are on my list of things to get for the kids this year!

17th Dec, 2006 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Beware: Christmas Toys Christmas

I know that in Britain last week, the National Society for the deaf, had 15 toys that are currently for sale in the UK tested for their sound level. 14 out of the 15 were above the legal level that was allowed. Therefore in reality 14 of the top selling branded toys should be withdrawn from sale.

Unfortunately this hasn't happened, and it has been left to the parents to decide whether a toy is safe or not.

It's frightening to think that all these toys could potentially damage your childs hearing!

18th Dec, 2006 - 7:45am / Post ID: #

Toys Christmas Beware

I'm so glad I'm not in the "toys" league anymore; with my daughter now 9, she's no longer in the market for toys. It's now games, clothes, and music. I'm not looking forward the days of makeup and popstar posters...

20th Dec, 2006 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Toys Christmas Beware

Except for choking, all these dangers are a surprize to me. Like Konquererz, I thought the dangers of toxic toys was history. Even though I knew toys could be loud, I didn't think they were loud enough to cause hearing damage. And I would have never guessed at the dangers of swallowing magnets. I have no young children to buy toys for but I'll bet my friends who do will appreciate this information!

> TOPIC: Beware: Christmas Toys

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,