Airlines

Airlines - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 22nd May, 2004 - 5:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Ever been on a plane? talk about the good, bad, and ugly.
6th Nov, 2003 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Airlines

With all the security restrictions, delays and red tape that goes on in air ports the last thing you need is to have a lousy plane ride. Which airline do you recommend for travelling? Why?

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2004 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Airlines

I really have enjoyed Southwest Airlines. Their staff is friendly and funny, and the planes are generally clean and comfortable. And they have been on time on flights I have taken.

One example of funny:

When greeting the passengers on the PA system, the pilot asked that we "keep your arms and hands inside the vehicle at all times, because we are going to go really, really fast" -- this is an admonition from amusement park rides!! laugh.gif

Roz

14th Jan, 2004 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Airlines Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Well here is what I think about some I have been on:

BWIA - always delayed, average food and poor service, but usually accomidating

American Airlines - on time, okay food, good service

United Airlines - on time, okay food, okay service, I think you should not have to pay to see an in-flight movie

British Airways - on time, great food, great service

Now the last time I was on a plane was two years ago, so I can't say how it is now with all the red tape.

19th Mar, 2004 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Airlines

I have not been on a plane -- or even in an airport, for that matter -- since they started with all the stricter "Airport Security" measures. I don't plan to, either. Too many "scare" stories.

Roz

19th Mar, 2004 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Airlines

Farseer, a woman such as yourself I thought would have at least been overseas and a big traveller? What scares you really? Do not use the 9/11 bit as an excuse, because it wasn't always so...

21st Mar, 2004 - 7:57am / Post ID: #

Airlines

It isn't the terrorists that scare me, it's the so-called "Airport Security" -- they have way too much power, and the rules are just stupid. It's just harrassment, plain and simple, that we are subjected to. And I won't fly until something is done to correct the problems there.

a woman such as yourself I thought would have at least been overseas and a big traveller

Who me? I'm not sure what you mean by this? I grew up poor, and although I'm doing better now than I have in quite some time, it's not enough to be gallavanting around the countryside. laugh.gif I've never been out of the USA, except to Mexico a few times, and we are so "joined" geographically and politically it's not really like leaving the country smile.gif

Offtopic but,
Although I do travel quite extensively through books... to Worlds like the Six Duchies... the World of Medieval... etc...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Mar, 2004 - 10:48am / Post ID: #

Airlines

Airport security is just like anything else... you could get on a train, metro, or ship and the security there could be equal to typical airport security and you can die the same. Really, everytime we step out our homes we enter a world of risk. Get on a plane one of these days and tell us how it is... (.. and no, Love & Life Bytes does not count).

Offtopic but,
I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Such a noble lady as thyself who eloquently types the words of our Queen's language so briliantly on this forum was surely thought of as a person that may have thus travelled yonder many times before.... wink.gif

Post Date: 22nd May, 2004 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Airlines
A Friend

Airlines Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I fly just about every week. I work for America West Airlines which is based in Phoenix, where i live. We're the 8th largest U.S. carrier with flights all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico and just recently, Costa Rica. My family and i get unlimited free travel anywhere America West flies and big discounts on other airlines. Both on a space available, stand-by basis. However, the downside is the pay is not that great so i have to work a second job to make ends meet.

That's the reason i fly almost every week. My second job consists of delivering motor homes or other vehichles from dealer or factory to the customer or transfering motor homes between cities for rentals. It's a great way to see the country and make some extra money. I drive the motor home one way and then fly back home. Sometimes it's a one day trip, other times it might be a longer 4 or 5 day run. I do this on weekends, or vacation time. I've got an RV sitting in front of my house right now. I'm going to get a few hours sleep and head out about 3:00 AM and deliver in the morning to las Vegas.

If you're realy bored and want to read some of my experiences, i just started keeping an on line journal this year. Click on the link below. To read in chronological order, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

https://www.livejournal.com/users/gaucho99/

As far as travel since 9-11, its not that bad. Just allow a little extra time and you'll be fine.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Airlines

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,