White African American

White African American - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2006 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2006 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

White African American

White African American

Is a white person born in the US, whose parents were white South Africans, considered a White African American?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Dec, 2006 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

American African White

No, he is considered just an American. Is a person born in the USA from Italian parents considered an Italian-American? In my personal view the whole concept of African American is a bit too much, basically because these people have of Africa just the roots of their race but they are Americans in every sense of the word just like any other regular white folk in the US.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2006 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

White African American
A Friend

White African American Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Well in the United States in Most case if you were the run into a person who is first generation American and parents immigrated from Italy, that person will say he is Italian American. There are many Italians who still consider themselves Italian Americans even though there parents were born in the US as well.

This goes accross all ethnic goups especially those who live in major methropolitan areas, they are all are Americans but there is a need to specify a sub group of ameicans to reflect their cultural distinction.

I think its a good thing for a particular group to find a cultural Identity to which they are comfortable with since their culture is definatley different than White Americans in general. Also Moving away from the word black is a positive change to escape the negitivity and racisim which is noramally associtated with the word black.

Reconcile Edited: Trini808 on 22nd Dec, 2006 - 5:06pm

22nd Dec, 2006 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

American African White

I think its a good thing for a particular group to find a cultural Identity to which they are comfortable with since their culture is definatley different than White Americans in general.

Cool, but we are talking about someone who was born in the US not in Africa. How many blacks in Trinidad or the USA feel a *real* connection to Africa? Because eating Burger King and go bowling is not my notion of African culture. What I am trying to say is simple. If the person is black and born in Africa then moved to the USA, then the term is perfect "African-American", same case if the person is white from South Africa but I don't think the term applies at all at someone that was born in the USA.

> TOPIC: White African American

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,