Svella Introduction

Svella Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 24th Dec, 2006 - 5:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA RM: Argentina
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Svella Introduction
A Friend

Svella Introduction

I'm a Software Engineer with 20 years of experience who lives in Orem, UT, USA. I am LDS, and a returned missionary who served in Argentina in '82 & '83. I've been married for 21 years and have 3 teenage boys. The oldest is currently serving as a missionary in Japan. I am a political independent, who leans slightly to the right of center.

I googled "Christmas in Argentina" and found the a thread on this site that I found quite interesting so I thought I would join.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Introduction Svella

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. However, do keep in mind that LDS Related Discussion is kept only in the LDS Related Boards as this is an International Community.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

If you like RPGs then you may also be interested in playing: Nephi RPG where you can 'Journey to the Promised Land'

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 69.7%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Svella Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi svella, welcome! I hope you have a great time in our community. Which part of Argentina did you serve? Did you go back for a visit since your mission? I am LDS_forever, an Argentinian living in the Caribbean. All the best,
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Svella Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Svella

I served in the Rosario mission in the cities of Rosario, Santa Fe, Gualeguaychú, Salto, and San Pedro. A couple of years back for my 40th birthday, I treated myself and my wife to a trip back to Argentina. We spent most of our time in 8 days in Buenos Aires, 3 in Gualeguaychú, and 3 in Iguazú.

The only people I am still in contact with down there live in Gualeguaychú and the surrounding area. They were investigators that never did join the LDS church, but developed a love for the many missionaries that have visited their home over the years.

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,048
Flag Posts: 51,705
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,600.30 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Svella

Welcome to the Community. Is your Spanish still fluent? Please take a look at our Spanish section... maybe you can add some input there:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showforum=272

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Svella Introduction
A Friend

Svella Introduction

I still read and write Spanish fairly well. I can speak fairly well, though quite slowly and can understand when spoken to as long as it is spoken clearly and not too fast. Different accents can be challenging to understand - I usually can understand most of what an Argentine is saying but have a very hard time understanding most of the Mexican immigrants I come into contact with and the latino programming that is available via satellite television. Until recently I was assigned to home teach a Peruvian family with some family members that don't speak any English and managed to communicate fairly well.

About 2 years ago I got to visit Barcelona on business and was very surprised that we were unable to get anyone to speak Spanish to us. We'd talk to people in Spanish and they would answer in English. It course the primary language in Barcelona is Catalán, not Spanish, so that may have been part of the problem.

I'll try to post in the Spanish section from time to time, though it doesn't appear that there is a lot of activity there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,048
Flag Posts: 51,705
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,600.30 FP
Charm: 394

Svella Introduction

Thanks for telling me more about you and for offering to post there. The reason for the lack of activity in that section is due to a recent merge. The Spanish section used to be its own Community, but only a couple of weeks ago we merged it with here, but unfortunately did not save any of the Posts - only the most important ones were copied over by LDS_forever. We did not save any of the Membership either, so they will be surprised when they visit again to see a new setting.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!

> TOPIC: Svella Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,