Save Judeo-christian Values

Save Judeo-christian Values - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2007 - 5:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA A Political Agenda or Religious? Are US Citizens allowing Muslims to invade the land with their religion through immigration?
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2007 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Save Judeo-Christian values

Let us remember that we were not attacked by a nation on 9/11; we were attacked by extremists who acted in the name of the Islamic religion. I believe that if we do not stop illegal immigration totally, reduce legal immigration and end diversity visas, we are leaving ourselves vulnerable to infiltration by those who want to mold the United States into the image of their religion, rather than working within the Judeo-Christian principles that have made us a beacon for freedom-loving persons around the world.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20070102/...christianvalues

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2007 - 10:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Values Judeo-christian Save

I'm wondering if this was a serious comment, or someone just talking like they don't know any thing. After all, he talks about someone molding our country to that of a religion, but then talks about working within another religious structure. I doubt people really understand just what our founding father were trying to do. I doubt people understand that our laws are basic freedoms and rights that have been discovered to work over hundreds of years of ruling governments, and not, as so naively thought, based on judeo-christian values.

After all, only the laws of the bible we like are in our laws. I mean, there is no stoning of rebellious children, burning of witches, or stoning of prostitutes any more. But those are indeed Jewish laws in the bible. And its a bona fide fact of written documentation that our fore fathers did not believe in a government based on religion, but free from the mold of religion. After all, the church and government of England were one and the same, and they didn't want those two placed together.

But besides that, its rather ignorant to accuse one religion of trying to infiltrate our government, and that its bad, then say the right way is to preserve this religious understanding into our government. Thats hypocritical and reckless when you post one religions values with freedom and those who love freedom. That insinuates that the other religions just don't love freedom. In fact, freedom of thought and freedom of religion (the freedom to follow ANY religion) are not judeo christian values, they are american values. We aren't about pushing judeo christian values on people (well, maybe now we are) but about people being able to live their life the way they want to as long as they aren't harming any one else.

I am sure plenty of you will agree with me. But there are more than enough quotes to show that our founding fathers were not christians and didn't intend to create a "christian" nation. Preventing the spread of Islam in our country is fine. Encouraging the spread of another religion is hypocrisy.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2007 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Save Judeo-christian Values History & Civil Business Politics

The founding of the United States was by people like Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and others that were all Christians and many of whom were also members of the Free Masons. The US was indeed established to allow for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Also freedom to believe or not believe in any religion and to practice whatever religion one desired guaranteed by the Bill of Rights The government is also forbidden to interfere with any religions that do not attempt to overthrow our constitutional system of government by the people and for the people. We are one nation under God. To keep it that way we must preserve our roots that have created this great nation and which has been with Christian values. If the roots of our nation change then we will change and thus no longer be the strong, free nation that our forefathers created for its posterity. There should be room for all religions to exist in the United States but the extremes of some Arab groups bending their religious beliefs to overthrow a government like the United States cannot be allowed. In most Arab countries democracy does not exist nor does freedom of speech or religion. Christianity embraces democracy and must continue to be the values that continue to drive the United States. We face problems of extremist groups forming sleeper cell of terrorist in the United States and elsewhere in freedom loving and democratic countries. I recommend those that want to dilute our Christian values read the book called "Epicenter" (Why the current rumblings in the Middle East will change your future) by Joel C. Rosenberg. This book gives the real facts to those not well informed about the Middle East and the treat of terror throughout the World. It will be those less informed that will wake up one day and find that they lost all their freedoms when the US is converted to a religion from a democracy by those that don't really have allegiance to any country regardless of what they swear on.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2007 - 7:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (BountifulSno @ 8-Jan 07, 10:53 PM)
The founding of the United States was by people like Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and others that were all Christians and many of whom were also members of the Free Masons.

Are you insinuating that Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin were christians? Not true, they were Deists at best, believing only in a god, but not necessarily the christian god, thats pure mythology.

https://nobeliefs.com/jefferson.htm

These quotations from Jefferson are such that no christian could ever make about his own beliefs.

https://exchristian.net/exchristian/2002/03...klin-quotes.php

These are longer but worth reading showing that Franklin was indeed a believer in a personal god, and that Jesus was a good teacher, but nothing more. He didn't think churches benefited anyone, or that it was good to distinguish ones self as a particular religion. But his beliefs in god are certainly very far from being christian.

This type of belief, that we are founded on religion, and not moral principles, is exactly the problem with the idea of preserving christian values. Whose christian values should be preserve, its not like they are all the same! There is nothing wrong with preserving our liberty and freedom and even good morals, but this idea that our founding fathers wanted to build a country on christianity is faulty. If they wanted a government founded on christianity, they could have stayed in Britain where they had the church as the head of the state, every decision was based on christian values! Its not even a logical statement to conclude that our country is supposed to be based on christianity.

We need to preserve AMERICAN values, life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, things that make us Americans. The freedom to worship a rock, a god, or no one if we want. The freedom to be disgusted that something is immoral without having to say its a sin to god, but we know its wrong be years of evolution have shown us what works. There is this obsession with christian values, like if we don't profess christian values, we will all be without morals and fall to anarchy. Get over it, we aren't based on christian values, but moral values, present in most great religions. Our values aren't unique, they are universal in the mind. Religion will preserve itself, but real human values have to be worked at to preserve.

And like I said originally, people only cry out to preserve Judeo-Christian values they like. Seriously, no one wants to obey the laws of the old testament. Either you obey laws and values of the bible or you don't, stop picking and choosing, its embarrassing.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2007 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You are right about Ben Franklin not being Christian and I should not have used him in that context. I have read his biography and should have remembered that he was not an outwardly religious person. Having a personal God meant he had faith in a higher being and although not a Jew (e.g. Judeo) he did profess one God. Not all men are bad or corrupt if they do not believe in a God. What concerns me is that if they don't what standards to guide their lives when they make decision about their fellow man (or woman) the result are obvious on the front pages of newspaper all over the world. Crime, violence, rape, murder. It is how we conduct ourselves relative to others that is all important for a civilization to exist and grow. It is those standard that make up the difference between our conduct of honesty, integrity, morality, ethics etc. It is like eating, you are what you eat. Thus you act based on how you think. When people do not hold themselves to some standard they are like rotten apples in a barrel....they spoil (corrupt) the other apples. Do you want to live with people that are not courteous, honest, ethical. Or do you want to have those without standard (potential rotten apples)potentially spoil the rest of the barrel. When standards (and I don't mean man-made laws that are not inspired by God) are freely adopted by a given population in a give geographical location, then they can live in harmony. If they can live in harmony on earth, then they can live in harmony when they leave this world for the next as well. I have an eternal perspective which unfortunately many do not have because they don't believe in anything other than the here and now. Remember that the United States is one nation UNDER GOD. I am not saying that people that don't believe in God are bad but they are less likely to have standards and could be a force in changing what was established as a place reserved for those that want to live under God. Recently certain members of the Australian government have put new immigrants on notice that if they do not want to conform to the customs and established standards of their country then they know where the door. I want to live with people like myself that have faith in a God that I know exists. I am a decendant of the pilgrams that came to what we now called the United States to be free from those that did not believe like they did. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were inspired by God who gave us this land for the Gentiles like God gave Israel to the Jews. If you don't like the reality of these Judeo-Christian beliefs then don't come to the US or Israel. And if you are already in either place now, the door is open.

> TOPIC: Save Judeo-christian Values

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,