Nancy Pelosi

Nancy Pelosi - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Nov, 2007 - 7:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (12) »

USA First Female Speaker of the House
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2007 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Nancy Pelosi

Nancy Pelosi

With Control of Congress, Incoming Democrats Set to Elect Nancy Pelosi as 1st Female House Speaker

Congress reconvenes today with Democrats in control of both chambers for the first time in 12 years. In the House, Democrats are set to officially elect Nancy Pelosi to become the first woman ever to run the House. Pelosi has already outlined an ambitious plan for the Democrats¹ first 100 hours in power. We get analysis from San Francisco Chronicle Washington bureau chief Marc Sandalow.
Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2007 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Pelosi Nancy

Yeah, Nancy Pelosi is a real piece of work.

Here are a few articles about here upcoming "coronation".

https://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publi...272610630.shtml

Nancy Pelosi is the butt of jokes in the west as she tries to play herself off as a serious politician and constantly touts her status as a grandmother.  But the woman that has been labeled as Grandma Botox for her chemically altered frozen face is far from serious and sadly has set herself and her gender up for a big fall.  Nancy is a train wreck that has gone unnoticed by most observers as she toiled in the irrelevancy of the House Minority Speaker but she is set to take center stage and in true Grandma Botox fashion - she plans a coronation.

It's fit for a queen and will be roundly mocked and criticized and is certainly a poor idea.
Democrats take control of Congress today with marching orders to rein in multimillion-dollar pet spending projects that for years have been secretly stuffed into larger spending packages.

The handover of power to the Democrats for the first time in a dozen years will be celebrated with a string of coronation galas for new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), the first woman in the post.
Who do you think is funding Nancy Pelosi's gala? The ACLU or MoveOn.org?

Didn't the Democrats get elected on the platform that they were going to reduce the influence of special interests in Washington? And reducing "pork". Seems like they are being pretty blatant about breaking their promises already.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2007 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi
A Friend

Nancy Pelosi History & Civil Business Politics

Lets not get excited yet. Nearly every candidate does this crap. They all really mean less spending on other people, not themselves. Its extremely hypocritical. And one cannot pin that on only some candidates, because the last few years have shown the absolute lack of morality and trustworthiness of our officials in general.

As for Nancy Pelosi in general, I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you are on. CNN type stations say she is great, Fox type stations think she is horrible, but of course, its always partisan opinions, never something we can use. I find MSNBC to be the exception, especially Chris Matthews, who has a great take on her.

Sure, she has a frozen face, and she knows how to play the game. Not exactly something I find as a good trait. However, she has stood strongly against Bush in areas that the country has definitely been against in the majority, like the war. If she stays on course and keeps the democrats on course, requiring more over sight, and less reckless decision making, then she will do her job good. If she gets sucked into bickering and inter-party politics then this will be a lame duck congress that she presides over. To prevent that, she has to stay harshly focused on what put the democrats in power, the war.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2007 - 10:37am / Post ID: #

Pelosi Nancy

WHITE HOUSE CRITICIZES PELOSI'S PLANNED SYRIA VISIT

The White House has criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's plans to stop in Syria next week during a Middle East trip that began Friday.
Ref. www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/30/pelosi.trip/index.html

31st Mar, 2007 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Pelosi Nancy

"I don't know what she is trying to accomplish, and I don't know if anyone in the administration has spoken to her about it," Perino said. "In general, we do discourage such trips."  ...

...However, McCormack said the State Department provided Pelosi with a briefing, and that the U.S. Embassy in Damascus has said it would help if needed.

You can't tell me that the Administration doesn't know why she's going there, and what she hopes to accomplish. Personally, I can't imagine why she would go talk to the Syrian president. What is her position in US politics that she can discuss anything constructive with any country's leaders? Ill-advised, in my opinion.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2007 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi

PELOSI MEETS WITH SYRIAN LEADERS IN DEFIANCE OF BUSH

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Syrian government officials Wednesday for talks criticized by the White House as undermining American efforts to isolate the hardline Arab country.
Ref. www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2007/04/04/pelosi-damascus-070404.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2007 - 7:44am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi
A Friend

Nancy Pelosi

I remember hearing about this when she became speaker of the house, but can't seem to find info on it with a casual search.
Nancy Pelosi is strongly against gun ownership and self defense, this is normal with left wingers. The reason I question her sanity is that when it became known that she carried a firearm concealed (illegal in California) that was a strawman purchase (also illegal) she claimed that it was to protect herself from right wing gun owners. Now this is hypocritical and paranoid at best, so I have to ask "Is Pelosi crazy". If she is against self defense and firearms, why would she need a firearm to defend herself against imagined threats?

16th Nov, 2007 - 7:50am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi Politics Business Civil & History

I wouldn't say she is crazy. Her party really is not for gun ownership, that is the reason for the strawman purchase. She wants to continue to serve her part and her constituency, there for she has to hide these kind of things. Is it hypocritical? YOU BET IT IS!

Obviously, she feels the need to have a weapon for protection and she is entitled to it in her state. It doesn't matter if her fears are real or imagined. I suspsect that the right winged gun owner protection comment was made to soften her infraction on her parties platform of gun ownership.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Nancy Pelosi

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,